Auto Turnoff For Heat Over-Ride Please

3 replies to this topic

#1 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:19 PM

Please give the heat over-ride switch a 5-10 sec auto turn off feature. Thanks...

#2 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

@FD
You do know people will just reactivate it the moment it turns off?
Though I would like to hear your reason behind this as it would be nice to know more.

like for example, is it because you want to be able to kill the enemy before they kill themselves?
Is it because you no longer need it on and don't wish to be bothered to turn it back off?
Or is it a combination of both?

#3 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:15 AM

I'm pretty sure it's because once you turn it on, a lot of people forget it's on and kill themselves by overheating. It's surprisingly easy, even with the flashing red writing in the middle of your screen.

Obviously a lot of people do that intentionally too, but that's a different story...

#4 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:26 AM

View PostElendil, on 12 May 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure it's because once you turn it on, a lot of people forget it's on and kill themselves by overheating. It's surprisingly easy, even with the flashing red writing in the middle of your screen.

Obviously a lot of people do that intentionally too, but that's a different story...

It used to but a one shot use but now its a toggle and i forget it on all the time. I even killed myself after i won a fight and regroup with my team.

I have a mech that overheat for 1 tenth of a second and i can fire when the cooldown is off almost continuously. I guess it's the kind of upgrade that min/maxer want and like and in turn make the overall game even more simplistic for them and too bad for the others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users