5 replies to this topic

#1 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

Right,
We managed 1 win out of 4 games last night for invasion.
Didn't help we had -MS-, GSB and some other good pilots in the opposition.

The Atlas Mech wall defending the remaining O-Gen was a pretty impressive site.

Now we're primarily a merc unit and we've spent the last month or so running IS mechs so our attacks/defense/mechs are all based around IS mech builds.

So, taking this opportunity to ask those more season clan pilots for:

1.Clan tactics for Invasion, Counterattack, Defense
2. Recommended Clan Mechs & Loadout.

We drop mainly Fri/Sat nights after 2200hrs GMT+8 and we can usually muster a 10-16 player drop team. So we usually have 1 team doing scouting while the others drop Invasion.

If any CGB Drop Commanders want to drop by our TS and offer some input or lead a drop, we'll be most happy to have you along for the ride.

Our TS is na1.mech-connect.net, channel is 256th Bear Cav

#2 Jack Candler

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:10 PM

I can't give you many builds, just a few that I use, and the following is just my opinion, though I'm sure there will be many people who disagree for various reasons.

I'm not a huge fan of Clan lasers. Boating lasers results in hot builds. I am good at managing weapons and heat, and know to create weapon groups to further manage heat (I also use upgraded cool shots...), but I find these builds result in poke style play, which is ok on some maps, and aren't that great when it really comes down to it on a push (with the exception of small pulse lasers, which are brutal and cool running) against decent teams because heat inevitably becomes a problem.

I like brawling and aggressive pushes. Some say that the Clans can't brawl as well as the IS. I don't entirely agree. I think the Clans' best weapons are UACs. Combined with SRMs, the Clans can bring high alpha and/or high DPS mechs that run cooler than laser builds and, because they run cooler over a period of time, brawl like bosses. Having said that, I make use of lasers in these builds too, for backup.

Here's an example, a Brawlerhawk: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f571207fd43e05f

Note, that build has 84 firepower. Double tap the UAC20 and you have a 104 damage alpha. In game the heat management of this mech is 1.33. Personally, I think it's awesome, and has worked really well for me in FW.

Edited by Jack Candler, 13 May 2016 - 11:16 PM.

#3 Lehmund

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:57 AM

I've seen a very similar build with the WHC-C as a base, so 1 more med laser - 1 SRM 6. A little hotter and a little less damage but more pin-point.

For FW, I prefer your build (cooler is better IMO).

#4 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:20 PM

Well if you want Kodiaks. Kodiak, Mad Dog, Mad Dog, Arctic Cheetah is viable.

#5 Ballentimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 319 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

First of all you have to decide... wanna have a fast Victory or wanna have your enemy destroyed
Drop all with the same Mech, same Loadout, same tactic - and a hint - dont go for sniping - test brawl with small pulse and srm rockets

#6 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:53 PM

Firing lines are were its at these days but hard to do on some maps especially on attack. for that would recommend something that can poke really well when facing a organized team you have to maneuver into a position where you can trade well with them play the long game don't get in a hurry. If you are playing MS I hate to say it but stay away from LRM builds as a former MS pilot we know how to get around without getting rained, as far as DC tactics well there is no cookie cutter DC tactic its mostly knowing what your team's capabilities are and reading the other team and there capabilities. I usually push in a good poking spot trade for a while and if it don't work out just dunk it and move on. however if your team is pretty good brawlers you may want to use the route with best cover move in and brawl with them then if it doesn't work out dunk it. My unit drops Tuesday and Friday nights 7-10pm central mostly bout 6 of us but would love to link up with you guys and do some drops I would be willing to DC if needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users