4 replies to this topic

#1 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

I recently purchased a MechWarrior Solaris VII table top box set. There are four or five sets but i got the Heavy class one. I am hoping someone who is experienced with this particular TT can help me out. This is the 2007 WizKids make and model. I believe there is another Solaris VII TT. Anyways, i have read the rulebook over a bunch and i am not understanding it. The rulebook isnt clear on certain things. I looked online and i saw comments about how the rulebook kind of sucks if your new to TT.

So if any of you know how to play this game to the full extent. What all the ***** and mech base stats mean on the figurines, how to move and attack, what to use the dice for and etc....if anyone could help me i would be spo grateful. if not ill just read it until my eyes bleed and i get it. thank you

my email is appaskater57@gmail.com
if you know the rules just email me and ill get back to you.

#2 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:06 PM

Good to see another TT player! I have the first edition Solaris VII boxed set. Looks like around 15 - 20 years older. If it's anything like that you really need the Battletech Rules of Warfare or the BatlleTech Compendium as the rules of Solaris supplement those. I'd be happy to help if that's the case.

Based on your description of the pieces, you might have a set that uses the WizKids Clix system. That's Dark Ages if I remember correctly and I've not played that. I won't be of much help there. Let me know either way. I might be able to find an old buddy who played the Clix stuff.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,710 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

Just for verification, as you mentioned Wizkids, this is what you are talking about? Basically the company that introduced us to the Dark Ages of Mechwarrior and brought us the clicky bases for a short period time?

Posted Image

This is the original Solaris VII boardgame that broke Battletech down to 2.5sec rounds, gave us weapon delays (cooldown timers) and was meant to be played with one mech per player. The base Battletech was generally lance play with 10sec rounds while Battleforce was company/regimental size units w/60sec rounds.

Posted Image

With that said

http://bg.battletech.com/

http://bg.battletech.com/downloads/

If the Wizkids rules do not appeal to you, you can still use the Wizkid mechs but use Classic BT quick start rules.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 May 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

View PostNathaniel Johns, on 13 May 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

if you know the rules just email me and ill get back to you.

A few quick things:
One for safety reasons remove your email asap. We can send you private messages on here by clicking a profile name like "Koniving" and then "Send Message."

Two: I'm unfamiliar with Solaris VII's actual rules but I can help you figure them out based on what I know of the other BT tabletops.

Three: You'd get much better responses in the Battletech discussion section of the Community Hyperpulse Generator.

#5 ggodo

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:32 PM

I have the light set and used to play that iteration semi competitively. Ask any questions you have. First tip, the movement stats on the dials are in inches, and based on the non-hex-based iteration of Mech Clix. For playing on the hex grids included in the box divide by 3. Second tip, heat is going to be frakking brutal, but way less bad than the old sets heat dials. They did some serious rebalancing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users