- - - - -

Targeting Reticule And Hit Confirmation

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

Frequently when I watch Youtube recordings of MWO games, I see players have a vertical cross-hair (N, S, E, W), and every time they hit a target an X flashes in the gaps (NE, SE, SW, NW).

My reticule is X-shaped and I don't get any hit confirmation beyond the red flash.

Is this a setting somewhere?

#2 ProfPyro

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

I believe that you are seeing the colorblind friendly reticule. Since the color change would not be visible to someone with that vision type they have added in distinct visual cues to indicate a hit.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

Yes, it is a setting to be turned on. Look for "Color-Blind Friendly Reticule" -- or something really closely worded to that -- in your settings. B)

~D. V. "Just one checkbox away..." Devnull

[Edit by author for missed wording...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 18 May 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

Being semi-blind, I found it, lol.

#5 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, the color blind reticle helps even for those of us with good vision. They really should just make that the only option and be done with it.

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

I had three eye surgeries in the last 13 Months. I'm finally going to be able to get a pair of glasses in late June.

I hope I'm still here by then.

I know that units and other players are getting tired of "carrying me" through missions. I admit it is getting depressing.

#7 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 19 May 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

I had three eye surgeries in the last 13 Months. I'm finally going to be able to get a pair of glasses in late June.

I hope I'm still here by then.

I know that units and other players are getting tired of "carrying me" through missions. I admit it is getting depressing.

For how long you have been around, it's OK. I don't have major vision issues (do wear glasses) and people still had to carry me a lot for my first several months in the game. That's after being a veteran of older MW games years ago when I was younger. This game has a VERY steep learning curve, but also has a great community supporting it. Play, enjoy, do the best you can, have fun, don't give up on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users