• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

I'll reply in a more appropriate thread. Full quote from the 4X thread:

View PostZordicron, on 27 October 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostKuaron, on 25 October 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

After the loyalty CTF I am thinking about what other two to get for mastering it.
Before I was thinking about getting the CTF-4X and playing the 2UAC5+2AC5 build. But this thread is, somehow, a tiny bit discouraging.
Are the other ones significantly better?
I know the 3D is regarded a good b/c of JJ, but I don't particularly like JJ.

4x was my fist mech, back in beta. I can tell you without any hesitation it is on the bottom tier with the rest of the ancient "goofy" mechs, like 5V Spiders etc.

Back then, a STD.300 was the normal choice for an Atlas, so they went like 50kph. We are talking about a time when people would run a std 200 on a Catapult K2 so they could fit 2x AC20's. Times were different.

Back in the day, an XL engine Cataphract was suicide. Nowdays, I dunno, everything dies so fast it prolly doesn;t matter as much. Basic stuff on the 4X- ignore missle slot. If you want the laser slots to be used, a single LPL, or a pair of light ML is best. The LPL is part of the main guns then, don;t expect a AC boat with one, more like twin AC10. two ML means they are backup to your dakka guns.

I preffered quad AC5 a bit over a year ago. twin 5's and 2's is another good one. Twin 10's IMO had weird convergence issues, never did like them, but some say it's the best loadout. Quad 2's is ok, I ran that with a "machine gun" macro for a bit and played Assault babysitter, mostly just ride along with them and when they get into it, lay down that pepper spray to disorient the enemy and add dmg.

Really if you are after two variants to buy, i wouldn't get a 4X. I would pick up a 1X, put a HUGE XL on it with a laser boat(I like LPL+ML) which will make it agile and pretty quick for it's tonnage/firepower. 0XP has ECM, but firepower wise is sorta inferior. Illya is a classic, still decent mech, triple LBX is fun if nothing else. I ran an AC20 loadout on my 2X, but I would get an Illya and 1X first IMO. 1X and 2X if the hero is off the table. if nothing else, any of the other phracts besides the 4X and 0XP can run twin heavy laser or PPC in the shoulders, and that is a very old, tried and true loadout style for any of them, JJ or not.

Ah, thanks for the long answer!
Yes, I don't necessarily stick to the 4X if it's that bad.
1X is out because it's the same as the (L) but with good quirks instead of MASC.
0XP is an option, but I am unsure b/c of it's low weapon slots.
Ilya with 3LBX I would instantly buy if I it was for C-bills, but I'm not seeing me buying another Hero for real money atm.
So why do you recommend the 2X and how do you see the 3D compared to the mentioned ones?

#82 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:14 AM

4X is certainly not bad. 2xUAC5 2xAC5 can out-DPS any other heavy mech in the game. (yes, Black Widow included).
It's even got more DPS than 90-ton Cyclops-Sleipnir (4xUAC5) and a little bit less than 5xAC5 Mauler.

It cannot hill-hump but in a straight-up fight it wrecks face. And thanks to 690 meter range it can stand in the second row and support the brawlers with a deadly stream of AC rounds.

Did I mention it never* overheats?

#83 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

Alright, thank you!
Since there were more answers in the original thread, I'll move the discussion back there and respond there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users