Executed In The Executioner

5 replies to this topic

#1 Athousandson

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

Hi guys, I bought the EXE-D on a whim to find a new assault after being somewhat unsatisfied with the HGN IIC, which I just elited. I stuck to a typical brawler build, initially doing 2x C-LPL with 7 C-SPLs, all on the right side so that I can shield with the left arm. But unfortunately, it hasn't been doing so well.

I'm used to playing a brawler Atlas D-DC and brawler Griffin, but somehow I can't make the EXE work well. Anyone have any tips that I could use? A better build? Or some specific tactics for super short ranged brawling?

#2 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

As I've found, it isn't really a brawler. It may look like one, but if it brawls is usually comes out one or two encounters in rough shape. Its fun to kill them too since you know they almost always run hot, so you survive the initial alpha then kill the shutdown mech.

From what I've seen and changed my play style, its essentially a huge heavy duty flanker, harasser. It seems to do better for me at medium to long range and heavy use of MASC to strafe in and out of cover. Small SPL is fun, but its predictable and everyone knows to wreck that arm first. So some shielding is in order, that and changing your load out.

I've found swapping the cLPL for ERLL allows you to punch holes and wear away people at long range and never go solo. Prey at long range then close for SPL only if you have to and not often. Even then MASC all the time.

Think of it as a Raider. A really really huge raider. Super short brawling works for mechs like the Ebon or Arctic Cheater since they can engage and disengage freely. Not so the Man O'War/ Sexycutioner.

Duel SSRM6 or LRM work well too just for suppression for your targets while you close, then switch to small pew pew for finishing. Healthy dose of 9x9 Coolshot is handy too. The SRM's just help with crit finding.

PS. Buff your ST(LT/RT) armour its the big weakspot. Use the JJ and MASC to Flank and ninja kill stuff. Save the brawly work on single combat, mid-match when guys have previously been softened up by your ERLL/LRM or buddies. Surprising guys and coring them with you SPL is the fun stuff. Maps like Mining Collective are a joy to play since you ambush in the dark and from above.

Edited by rolly, 15 May 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#3 2fast2stompy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

The small arm (left one?) takes absolutely no damage, it just goes to torso.
Also, spl are very short range, and you're not small or fast enough for that.

builds that work from my experience:
10ersl + srm12 - ok
11ersl + uac10 - great
10ersl + uac20 - slightly less great generally, but better if you close unmolested
8mpl - map dependent, generally good
2lpl + whatever erml - fantastic
gauss + insert laser - depends on map and exact setup, lpl is good for range, erml is kinda ****** because of the arm, and kinda weak for the tonnage if you forgo the big, low arm

I haven't tried it, but you can fit 2 uac10s with over 1k worth of ammo, which might be ok for QP, idk.

Also, it is not an assault, it's a giant medium with a magnet ct and more guns than an ebon jag.
When you look around the map and ask yourself "what would an executioner do?" the answer is "whatever the **** he wants".
You can go anywhere and kill anything 1 on 1, but not from the front. You do not brawl, you shank them with your small lasers.

The other thing is peeking with masc and firing your 60 point alpha, but that arm will hit dirt a good percentage of time.

You can also chase locusts and laugh as you kill them.

Edited by 2fast2stompy, 15 May 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

View Post2fast2stompy, on 15 May 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

2lpl + whatever erml - fantastic

^This. 2LPL and as many ERML as you can handle (I run 2&5 but can see 2&4 pre-eliting). Poke, REK, use MASC to get out of poke. Fast and nimble enough to keep up with a moving fight and hits like a truck.

#5 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

It's not a great brawler imo. But once you get used to masc peeking with it, it can be nasty even in pretty close range with smpls or mpls/erml. But to get the best out of the chassis I think it does best being mobile.

#6 Brandarr Gunnarson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 847 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

This is my favorite EXE build and I've had many great games in it. After warming to it, it rarely performs under 500 dmg a match.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f7e495fa7888944

2x cERLL in the high torso mounts for ranged encounters early in the match, and 7x cSPL (4x in the right arm, 3x in the left) using the EXE-A right arm so as to allow arm movement for brawling/finished the wounded.

Using MASC is key to success. Most importantly, use it to accelerate/decelerate, turn quick and for short sprints. Prolonged use of MASC can cause you serious trouble; not through damage, but through not being ready to use when you need it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users