Pilot Skill Rating Should Reflect Weight Class / Role.

No replies to this topic

#1 noahlz

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHoboken, NJ

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

PSR seems like it is broken for light "scout" mechs.

From the "Game" overview:

Whether tracking enemy movements or launching quick and disruptive flank attacks, Scouts should never stop moving. Mobility is the key to success.

Ok. My LCT-1E puts up an UAV that gains team scouting and uav lock damage, I get multiple scouting and locks on opp team. I drop an airstrike on their assault lance. And yes, I even get 2 kills.

My team loses and feedback from the game is "Pilot Skill Rating decrease."

If you do everything you are supposed to do for your weight class, you are avoiding "head on" brawling, get locks, trying to do what is right as a team player....plus you get kills. But your team loses. And so your PSR goes down.

The message I'm getting from the game is...the "Scout" role is BS and I should be trying for as many solo kills as possible, win or lose (aka "git gud")

Similarly - I'm in a light. I drop with a bunch of F2P newbs who get steamrolled in the first 3 minutes. My LCT is expected to somehow fight off 11 - 12 mechs? PSR should be unchanged. My only "skill" in that scenario was bad luck of a bad PUG drop.

Completely broken.

PGI please fix or allow casual players like myself to opt out of the broken PSR / tier system until it is updated to reflect all play styles and mech roles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users