- - - - -

Are The Servers Online?

2 replies to this topic

#1 LordYshrak

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:27 AM

I really want to play but thing is my game tells me the server are down but when I look at the website it says it's up. No need to say I'm a bit confused.

In case it can cause issue, the OS I use is Windows 10 Professional 64bits

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

Yes. They are.

Check internet connection. Check permissions (some places, say work offices, schools and especially college campuses will block games from accessing the internet). (Also: When it comes up, does Windows firewall ask for permission to allow the game to function? It should have and you must tell it yes or you will always get the server error. Furthermore the game should be running in administrator mode, if not, take steps to make sure it is.)

Wired connection or wireless? If wireless, was anyone using a microwave? If you can feel the wireless adapter, is it hot? Is your modem (network box) hot? Warm is expected but hot is not okay.

Side note: Steam or downloaded from the website?

Edited by Koniving, 18 May 2016 - 10:01 AM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

Last question:
RAM and Processor?

Here's the reason I asked:
I got a bigger computer to play Battlefield 3. I reused an older video card and the starting RAM was fine. Could play, It did okay. Got a better video card; actually I got two, merged them. The graphics were amazing, single player was great. It was awesome! And then I went to play online... and I'd have about 10 or 20 seconds and I'd fall through the world and get disconnected from the match. My access to the internet would be disconnected, though the broadband would be fine.

The problem was deduced to the fact that I didn't have enough ram to support the game, graphics, and network at the same time so quite literally the RAM was dropping the internet as the lowest priority.

So I went up from 8 gigabytes of ram to 16. The only change I made.
Never had the problem again.

Edited by Koniving, 18 May 2016 - 10:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users