Do You Believe Mechwarrior Is Dying?

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you believe MechWarrior is dying? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you believe MechWarrior is dying?

1. Yes (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. No (13 votes [76.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

Do you believe MechWarrior is dying? Explain why in comments below ,please

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

This is silly and I would stay away, but I'll bite. I've been here since 2012. In that time, from my first days on the forum, people have claimed the game was dying. 4 years. Every "Sign of the End Times" people quoted then are what they say today. Pops are high (relative to MWO pops at least) and while we're certainly shedding the bulk of the new steam players that was expected from the start. You launch on steam, get a massive swarm of players, but most are just tourists who'll install, look around, and decide the game isn't for them. The bulk of them are making that decision without the slightest knowledge of "the big issues" people like to harp on about too.

They've no idea of the pace of development, they know nothing about FP, etc. It just wasn't the game for them. And that's normal - MWO is a niche game and will ALWAYS be a niche game.

People point to shrinking friends lists. That too is normal. Few people keep playing the same game year after year, they move on to other things. If you make no effort to find new friends, it's inevitable.

The game is no more dying now than it was in 2012, or 2013, or 2014, or 2015.

#3 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for trying to improve this game with your constructive, elaborate, well thought out polls, but I'm afraid this game isn't for you, so i suggest you move (al)on(g) sooner rather than later.

#4 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

I think you should probably take a little bit of a break. Obviously you're pissed off or frustrated. Just take a break & come back when you're ready.

#5 Zuul the Burninator

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

No, simple, the game saw a massive spike with the Steam release, after that, those who enjoyed the game are still on it, but those who didn't went away setting the numbers to where they are. It simply saw a quick growth from people experimenting and trying it, then separated out the ones who stayed and enjoy it from those who lost interest.

Simply put, the wheat was separated from the chaff.

#6 GLaDOSauR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 142 posts
  • LocationEating your cake while you're not looking.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

I've seen multiple threads by this guy lately about similar things as this. From the responses in those threads he won't be reasoned with. I hope that he calms down soon for his own sake.

PS(If this violates the name and shame policy let me know please. I just wanted to warn people about this guys credibility)

#7 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

View PostSoulReaver7500, on 17 May 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

Do you believe MechWarrior is dying? Explain why in comments below ,please
so, 10 to one against. I gave my reason, you did not.

Do tell. What makes you're assertations of impending doom less inane than all those that preceded you over the last 4 years? What's new and different now, other than the game being developed substantially faster over these last two years than in the first two?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users