Kodiak-Kdk-3 Build

14 replies to this topic

#1 choopy

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

Since the kodiak just came out today,im still messing around with builds, but this ones been pretty effective so far. I dont know i just felt like sharing and getting some input, any ideas?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...23c3ced5caf1ddf

#2 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

Add FERRO, and 2 tons of gauss ammo, do whatever you have to, to max out the CT armor you are missing some in that build. also add 2 Machine guns (lose 1 extra DHS) first then the gauss on top, its WAY higher and imparative for this build IMO. the Gauss rifles are actually above your cockpit this way, its awesome.

Also, I'm just going to run quad LBX5s and 4 CERMLs, I like the spread LBX5s have at even mid range, works pretty well for me anyhow.

Edited by DONTOR, 17 May 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#3 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:50 PM

Would someone please try this build for me (as I don't have a Kodiak)?

2Gauss+3LPL KDK-3

The triple LPL are meant to be fired together with Ghost Heat.

#4 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 17 May 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Would someone please try this build for me (as I don't have a Kodiak)?

2Gauss+3LPL KDK-3

The triple LPL are meant to be fired together with Ghost Heat.

Will try, but, 3LPL is ghost heat? i thought it was 4? clan ofc duh que time is high.

Edited by Ingga Raokai, 17 May 2016 - 05:09 PM.

#5 LuNa7ic

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:36 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 17 May 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

also add 2 Machine guns (lose 1 extra DHS) first then the gauss on top, its WAY higher and imparative for this build IMO. the Gauss rifles are actually above your cockpit this way, its awesome.

Thanks for the tip Posted Image

#6 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

dual gauss is a waste on the KDK-3.

Go big or go home

#7 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 20 May 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

Go big or go home

I tried this build, but couldn't get it to function well because the UAC's kept jamming. It was freaky how often all four would jam and I couldn't fire for what seemed like minutes (even though it was only a few seconds).

Oddly enough the way I fire them they should hardly ever jam. I put the LT UAC's in Weapon Group 1 and the RT UAC's in Weapon Group 2. Most of the time I alternate fire between group 1 and 2. Which means my refire rate is probably just over a second.

I would think, statistically speaking that I could fire that way for extended periods of time and only have one or two of the UAC's jam. Instead they almost constantly jam.

My guess is I was just unlucky in the three matches I ran it. But it was so much so that I did switch to a Dual Gauss Build, which I have been much better with. Gauss rifles are on WG3 and the the LA ERLL are in group 1 with the RA ERLL in WG2. I hold off on firing one of the ERLL WGs when running hot so over heating is vary rare. If I run into trouble with this build I will try it with 4MPLs instead since it will be a lot cooler.

Sad thing is I was most excited to try the 4xUAC10 build.

#8 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:20 AM

544 pts of FF armor, 350XL, 14 doubles, 4 SPL, Quad Ultra-10s with 8 tons of ammo, Mk 1 computer, Cooldown and range modules along with adv. zoom and radar dep. (yes I've already master unlocked it). Four fire circuits... left ultras group 1, right ultra group 2, spl group 3, all ultras in group 4 (usually chained). I have broke 1k damage several times today. Top speed is 61, heat management is 1.1/2. I use 9x9 and 6 size coolshots.

Edited by Dee Eight, 20 May 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#9 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:08 PM

View Postknightsljx, on 20 May 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

Go big or go home

Everybody instantly knew about this build just after the the KDK-3 hardpoints was revealed. Time to try something different....

#10 Kerbain

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

Does no one like the default build or is that just forbidden? The KDK-3 is the only mech I've ever played more than once as stock... And I'm still playing it stock.

I've moved some amour around and added modules. But it's still the original layout and not only is it a killing machine but it's great fun to play

Am I alone?

#11 DukeRustfield

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

View PostKerbain, on 20 May 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

Does no one like the default build or is that just forbidden? The KDK-3 is the only mech I've ever played more than once as stock... And I'm still playing it stock.

I've moved some amour around and added modules. But it's still the original layout and not only is it a killing machine but it's great fun to play

Am I alone?

I think it's too hot. Swap the 4 Med laz for 2 Med Pulse IMHO.

#12 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

I ran the Stock Loadout once, it was too hot for. me. If I were going to run it stock I would move some armor around, but would also loose the TC for extra HS and would run it something like this instead.

#13 Seraphinx

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 20 May 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

I tried this build, but couldn't get it to function well because the UAC's kept jamming. It was freaky how often all four would jam and I couldn't fire for what seemed like minutes (even though it was only a few seconds).

Oddly enough the way I fire them they should hardly ever jam. I put the LT UAC's in Weapon Group 1 and the RT UAC's in Weapon Group 2. Most of the time I alternate fire between group 1 and 2. Which means my refire rate is probably just over a second.

I would think, statistically speaking that I could fire that way for extended periods of time and only have one or two of the UAC's jam. Instead they almost constantly jam.

My guess is I was just unlucky in the three matches I ran it. But it was so much so that I did switch to a Dual Gauss Build, which I have been much better with. Gauss rifles are on WG3 and the the LA ERLL are in group 1 with the RA ERLL in WG2. I hold off on firing one of the ERLL WGs when running hot so over heating is vary rare. If I run into trouble with this build I will try it with 4MPLs instead since it will be a lot cooler.

Sad thing is I was most excited to try the 4xUAC10 build.

I'm just now trying out (2) U-AC10s and (2) AC10s, and I'm really liking it. Weapon jams don't completely cripple you, and you can just about always have a constant stream of pressure. The alpha strike is crushing.

#14 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:10 AM

Fairly standard 4UAC, 4ERML build. Love how the mechs feel, but that CT. Spent most of the match almost cored thanks to that hitbox and a mistake I made..

(recommend setting quality to highest :P )

Edited by White Bear 84, 30 May 2016 - 06:11 AM.

#15 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostKerbain, on 20 May 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

Am I alone?

I run mine with 2 LBX20s 4 ERMLs with 50 shots of ammo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users