Not To Be Rude, But This Ui Is Garbage

3 replies to this topic

#1 DerHuhnTeufel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:53 AM

I don't play this game nearly as often as I'd like, and the vast majority of that is because of the UI.

I understand, it's functional. But that's about the best you can say about it. Half the time when I click on something, I get a loading message for 10+ seconds, and then nothing happens. Other times, I'll click quick play, and nothing happens. Then 30 seconds later it'll either say no match found, or if I hover my mouse over the quick play button, it'll give me the option of "rejoining" a match that it never attempted to put me in.

Sometimes I can't swap mechs. Other times, I can swap mechs but can't bring up their parts in the mech lab. Sometimes, I'll swap mechs and then go into mech lab and it's still the old mech. In any case, there's a good 50% chance anything I change in mech lab won't actually happen, even after clicking the "Save" button.

I'm not sure if these are due to slow database access, or if the UI is just awful. But it feels like an early beta access UI at best right now and it definitely reduces my play time.

#2 Guffrus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:59 AM

That is not the experience that most of us are having, it sounds to me as though your pc is under powered? perhaps you should try minimum settings and see if that makes any difference and if it does you can adjust from there.
Also stupid question maybe, but you do own the mechs you are modifying right? As you cant save load outs for trial mechs or mechs you are just looking at in the store.

Guffrus

#3 DerHuhnTeufel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

My PC is more than competent for this game, and yes, I own the mechs.

#4 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

Go to username->saved games->Mechwarrior online
and make a backup copy of the profile folder.

Then, go to the base mechwarrior online directory, and create a file named "user.cfg" in the root folder next to the build_info.xml and the system.cfg and stuff.

Then, edit that file in notepad or some other plain text editor of choice and add

sys_flash_curve_tess_error = 4
sys_flash_warning_level = 0
sys_job_system_enable = 1
sys_job_system_max_worker = 0
sys_SleepIfInactive = 0
gfx_inputevents_mouse_move_threshold = 0.01
r_MultiThreaded = 1

.. 'n save and try to run mwo to see if there's any difference in the interface.

These are all the cryengine switches I know of that deal with the UI or could affect it.

If it breaks anything, just remove the user.cfg and then restore your profile backup.

Cryengine uses an ancient built in flash runtime environment to manage the UI and yet PGI has made the prescient decision to use pixel-based graphics instead of vector. It is a true mystery.

Edited by Tibbnak, 11 February 2018 - 02:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users