Spirit Reaver

4 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:05 AM

Hot as a damn volcano, but dishes out a mean alpha, the Spirit Reaver says hi with a 101.6-damage alpha every 4s, guaranteed to leave a dent with every shot.

The LB20X + 4x SRM6A is a standard Spirit-bear brawling build, mimicking that of the classic AC20 + 4x SRM6A, but add 2x ER PPC into the mix which as the near simmilar CD, it produces immense alpha.

SPIRIT REAVER

Basic Spirit Reaver, runs hot, but runs fast with it's MASC.

SPIRIT REAVER No-MASC

Trades MASC for extra ammo and Heatsinks.

SPIRIT REAVER XL350 No-MASC 22-DHS

A less mobile and cooler iteration, it has the same speed as the standard Atlas brawler, but because of the quirks and Kodiak's base stat, it not as fast or as far twisting distance. It also comes with less leg and armr armor, beware.

Realistically though, the PPC is not used upon every blast, it's usually just your first salvo in a brawl, or just when you're poking. even more realistically, you can have better gameplay in the long-run without the PPC equipped at all. In the end, this build is just for the Lulz.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 20 December 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#2 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

I was thinking about this build past weeks, because somehow in today's quickplay it appears to be a lot more situations where an assault short range mech just cannot contribute besides of rush-tanking into death. But everytime i eager to build this i stop myself by remembering how hard the last torso nerf hit my precious SB and what a torture it would be to use arm+torso weapons in short range with that torso angle. Anyway if you will run this thing for a while i'm looking forward to read your impressions.

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

View Postbanana peel, on 20 December 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

I was thinking about this build past weeks, because somehow in today's quickplay it appears to be a lot more situations where an assault short range mech just cannot contribute besides of rush-tanking into death. But everytime i eager to build this i stop myself by remembering how hard the last torso nerf hit my precious SB and what a torture it would be to use arm+torso weapons in short range with that torso angle. Anyway if you will run this thing for a while i'm looking forward to read your impressions.

I don't have a spirit bear, but i'm accepting donations. :P

#4 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:52 PM

you can get the same DPS with a UAC20 and SPL's if you know you will be at close range. I'm not sure if there is anything the lbx helps with besides possible velocity. But at close range i don't know if it matters or not.

I use this as my normal Spirit bear: (Improved with the recent DHS buff.)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...564ecaa1bff1f3b

You get full speed, 100 shot alpha(with double tap), and only 36 heat but loose range. it can alpha a lot. And I've noticed, if you use your allies, it's easy to use cockpits limited sight to get around back of units if they are distracted and back pop them with mask. It's pretty powerful if you can get out of their sight. even at close ranges. The acceleration can let you do some pretty interesting things as it only takes a second to get behind at close range and limited FOV lets you only be there for a second. Take advantage of tunnel vision in combat and.. Wham! You are on their backs one shooting them one after the other. Just need to use your allies or have allies that can purposely hold/grab attention for you.

Edited by Arugela, 20 December 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

View PostArugela, on 20 December 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

you can get the same DPS with a UAC20 and SPL's if you know you will be at close range. I'm not sure if there is anything the lbx helps with besides possible velocity. But at close range i don't know if it matters or not.

I use this as my normal Spirit bear: (Improved with the recent DHS buff.)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...564ecaa1bff1f3b

You get full speed, 100 shot alpha(with double tap), and only 36 heat but loose range. it can alpha a lot. And I've noticed, if you use your allies, it's easy to use cockpits limited sight to get around back of units if they are distracted and back pop them with mask. It's pretty powerful if you can get out of their sight. even at close ranges. The acceleration can let you do some pretty interesting things as it only takes a second to get behind at close range and limited FOV lets you only be there for a second. Take advantage of tunnel vision in combat and.. Wham! You are on their backs one shooting them one after the other. Just need to use your allies or have allies that can purposely hold/grab attention for you.

Well, i used the LB20X for the singe-blast nature of it. Likewise the PPC over SPL, as well as it's range. It's also not supposed to work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users