Any Good Masakari(Warhawk) Builds?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Water68

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

I have been looking around a for a while now and found no builds along the topic any help?
Here is mine
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d1394df0479231a

Edited by Water68, 19 May 2016 - 01:14 PM.

#2 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:50 PM

I don't know how you'll feel about my Warhawk build, but I love it. I have over a 2.0 KDR in the thing. Here's what I use:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4764549aeb8de82

If you want, you can move both ERPPCs into one arm and the LPLs into the other arm if you want to make it a little less symmetrical and a little more poke friendly. Also, if the leftover .30 tons or lack of AMS bothers you, you can sacrifice a little bit of heat efficiency by losing one heat sink and shaving of 8 points of head armor for an AMS and one ton of ammo for it.

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostMole, on 20 May 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

I don't know how you'll feel about my Warhawk build, but I love it. I have over a 2.0 KDR in the thing. Here's what I use:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4764549aeb8de82

If you want, you can move both ERPPCs into one arm and the LPLs into the other arm if you want to make it a little less symmetrical and a little more poke friendly. Also, if the leftover .30 tons or lack of AMS bothers you, you can sacrifice a little bit of heat efficiency by losing one heat sink and shaving of 8 points of head armor for an AMS and one ton of ammo for it.

Even better, cheat a bit of armor and stick in a TC1. And by all means put two PPCs in one arm, two LPLs in the other. Also, 10 back armor is too much.

Edited by TercieI, 20 May 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#4 The Bill

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

5 cERLLs with a monster TC and packed with cDHS is funny. It's not the most effective thing you can do, but it's funny :)

#5 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

3 LPLs

3 MPLs

Fire them off in 2LPLs, 3MPLs and torso mounted LPL. Rinse and repeat for domination!

#6 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

• 4 ER PPCs (basically the stock PRIME minus LRM)
  • 2 LPL 1 Ultra AC/20

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:31 PM

I generally use one of three builds on mine, depending on my mood..

When I want to be sure I murder the target:

WHK-PRIME

I've got really good personal accuracy with PPC's, so I'm not afraid to use them.

WHK-PRIME

A classic WUB-hawk

WHK-PRIME

for precision shooting, warring not a serious build, but I did ping a running Locust at 600-ish meters with this build, killed that bug outright.

#8 Water68

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

Thank You guys for reading this topic but any feedback on my build? I like to keep the stock armor because I suck with messing with the armor.

Edit:
Anyone noticed the Warhawk-C Is exactly like Ranna Kerensky's mech? Since they both have dual ERPPCs and dual LLs

Edited by Water68, 21 May 2016 - 03:31 AM.

#9 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

I don't run the warhawk so I wouldn't know, but, what made me post is the fact you are a wolf using a surats name for a clan mech.

#10 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostWater68, on 20 May 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

Thank You guys for reading this topic but any feedback on my build? I like to keep the stock armor because I suck with messing with the armor.

The build looks good. Personally, I'd take off the MPL from the gauss arm and replace it with either two more heat sinks (3 medium pulses generate heat quite quickly so the faster you can get rid of it the better) or a targeting computer mkII for juicy crit-seeking and zoom bonuses. Also, I would really recommend adjusting the armour. At most you should have 8 or 9 on the rear torsos (side and centre). It's just a matter of counting a few clicks, not exactly assembly-level computer programming Posted Image
WHK-B That's how I'd set it up

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 20 May 2016 - 10:38 PM.

#11 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

I like classic Wubhawk (4 Lpls)

alternatively I run this:

WHK-C

The Large Pulses burn duration synchs nicely with the Gauss charge, giving you a 41 dmg shot at long ranges if you keep your aim steady. Mlas for extra alpha potential at mid/short range. Almost 8 dps when only using the Lpl+Gauss.

Taking a bit armor of the left arm leaves you with bonus armor actually thanks to that nice +21 armor quirk on the ballistic arm.

Sometimes when I fell like lurming I use something like this:

WHK-B

Can chainfire that lerms all day long and sometimes shoot open components with a nice dual Large Pulse.
Up close and end of the match just use the lasers for a full laser vomit.

Edited by DarthHias, 20 May 2016 - 11:55 PM.

#12 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:54 PM

Personally, I run the classic 4 ERPPC build the way Masakaris were meant to be. (trade the LRM rack for more heat sinks).
As for your given build, you have a lot of SRM ammo. If you're going to use the -B, then know that The Masakari somewhat has a reputation for being a decent clan missile boat so mounting LRMs over SRMs would probably be better. If you really want SRMs over LRMs, then I'd recommend standard SRMs instead of streaks. And if you REALLY want SSRMs over SRMs, then maybe consider a BAP so you can get locks inside of ECM but frankly I don't think SSRMs are the way to go. The last thing I'd recommend is armor. Shave off the head first down to 12 (maybe 8 if you wanna push it) and then legs. Max your CT armor and move more of it to the front. I only keep 5 pts of armor on my rear since I play at range and that has yet to come back and bite me. Just always know what's going on around you (good advice in general) and mount a seismic sensor to help.

#13 Water68

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:11 AM

Ok Dr RedCoat here it is with LRMs

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aa6d2e5f145d3c4

and here without streaks

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cf186f66e162fff

Edited by Water68, 21 May 2016 - 05:41 AM.

#14 Ruslan Savelyev

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:08 AM

Personally I'd drop the gauss for an ultra10 and upgrade the ssrm4s to ssrm6s. With a mostly shorter range build, I feel like you will be shaken too much from enemy weapon fire to make best use of that gauss, and it won't pay off sniping against erll/cl.lpl builds either.

4mpl, 3ssrm6 w/ 2.5t ammo, uac10 w/3t ammo... Masa-kodiak?

#15 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostWater68, on 21 May 2016 - 05:11 AM, said:

Ok Dr RedCoat here it is with LRMs

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aa6d2e5f145d3c4

and here without streaks

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cf186f66e162fff

I think I actually like your SRM build better. Poke with the gauss rifle until you can close and then let the lasers and missiles rip.

#16 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

To whom it may concern:

Dakka/Splat: WHK-B

#17 Water68

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostNeput Z34, on 21 May 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

To whom it may concern:

Dakka/Splat: WHK-B

I would have changed the srm ammo around like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c19758c4d4567ff