Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:16 PM

Yes! Reduce the delay!

#22 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

I just want to say that I tested the recently buffed AMS Overload mod on the Grasshopper 4J(?) with 2 AMS systems, and it is very effective against LRMs.

#23 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:03 AM

SRM mechs need to get to the mechs to do damage. They may loose 20%+ of their health trying to get there unless the game is won. LRMS can hide in the back and not risk anything.

This is a no brainer, lrms have more time to for the ams to lock with little risk they should go down easier unless the lrm boat is closer and taking more risk like the srm boat.

This game does not have tanks or healers and should discourage actively hiding - period.

#24 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:19 AM

View PostPjwned, on 19 May 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

This would also be a good reason to bump SRM damage back up to at least 2.5 per missile like they should be.
I liked the rest of your post... But this? Really? SRMs absolutely wreck right now. They're the undisputed brawling weapon for lights and mediums, and right up there with the big ACs on larger mechs.

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 19 May 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

I just want to say that I tested the recently buffed AMS Overload mod on the Grasshopper 4J(?) with 2 AMS systems, and it is very effective against LRMs.

I recently leveled up my Locust 3M. I ran 4ML, 2xAMS with AMS overload and range and ML range. That mech is crazy fun, I still had enough module slots for seismic, radar dep and hill climb. I was able to zip around to quickly provide AMS where needed and chase off lights, and poke at 300m throughout the match. Super fun, cool running support mech. It can't carry like a Jenner but it fills a great role and pecks away for a surprising amount of damage. That moded AMS really does knock LRMs out quite well, and about every other match has a team with a noob that just attracts those skill missiles out of the sky. Good times.

I do like the suggestions of eliminating it's lock on time and seriously buffing it's damage to SRMs. But as far as LRMs go, it's in a pretty good place. If every heavy and assault brought a single AMS, LRMs would be dead. But, the scrubs will keep complaining about OP LRMs on Polar, while never bringing ECM or AMS. Oh well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users