Nova 14 C-Sml, 12 C-Mdm, Or 12 C-Sml Puls?

42 replies to this topic

#41 mashed potatoe

• Pip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:55 AM

>I've never see 12 cERSL Nova on top

Because you cant bring 12 Slasers to some use
the mech is to slow and sluggish ....

The whole mech is a bad platform.
2 ppcs are most useful but you wont do much damage and pray that you dont get back stabbed.

SRMs are more useful in short range situations and deal more dps than Slasers but the nova cant circle fast enough to make use of it.
Dont waste money for the nova!

#42 Lollercoaster

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:30 AM

Personally I like running 6 mediums in one arm and 6 lights in the other. Allows you to poke with good range and damage while still being able to fight efficiently at close range when cornered.

#43 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 19 May 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

12 ER Medium lasers.

The aim of the build is not to fight over a long perioid of time but instead to deal IMMENSE damage with the 12 lasers (firing in groups of 6's) and then scurrying off to cool down, staying out of direct combat, or firing 6 (or chain firing) lasers in a sustained combat situation.
This can be a very powerful build with up to 400 meters (+modules) range so it is no laughing matter. But requires heat discipline.

12 Small Pulse lasers have a similar effect but with much better heat efficiency, shorter burn time, and lower range. Picture this as a more sustained brawling version of above.

12 Small lasers is like the above two but with extreme heat effeciency, you are able to fire much more often if like you are a normal mech.

6 medium lasers give you the best heat effeciency and allows you to fire on regular intervals

6 medium pulse lasers is like the first build but a bit easier on the heat and lower down the range and damage. best with the Nova S omnipods.

Up to you. I personally have 12 medium lasers.

Pretty much sums it up for me as well. With the current state of matchmaking, I tend to prefer the 12 ERML (461m optimum reach w/Module) even more, since it makes you a bit more independent of the team, which is usually composed of hide-***-aults and similar backstanders or people lacking W on their keyboard. With mediums instead of smalls, you can do something without having to wait for the brawl to commence, which a lot of times is really a stomp, after one to four of one team rushed into the enemy bulk alone.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 04 March 2017 - 09:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users