Something Needs To Change

No replies to this topic

#1 Bad Karma 989

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:35 PM

Okay, as a general rule, i don't complain about much other than the complainers.

But really, PGI, what is this? 600 ton limits are all well and good for a 12 man...I suppose. But explain how putting a restrictive tonnage limit up against SEVEN assault mechs is even logical. Talk about trying to discourage team playing. First, if you do 12 mechs, then you're capped at 600 tons. That means either no 100 ton assault mechs (so much for those Kodiaks everyone spent money on) or you can have the assaults so long as everyone else is running Locusts...(yes, I realize I'm overstating that, somewhat). If you DON'T do 12, let's say 12 people synch drop, each in a KDK, it's possible that they all hit the same drop, same map, same team. Not likely, but possible.

Seriously. The tonnage limit doesn't work. Obviously that's the only limiter in place. Seven assault mechs in one drop, let's count up the weight there. 690 tons. Across only those seven mechs. A full 12 man is limited to only 600 and just two guys dropping get 1/3 of what 12 get. We'd have been better off, and possibly exploiting, if we'd broken into five 2-mans ourselves, and each person dropped a 100 ton mech. That would have been 1200 tons, double what a linked-up 12 could field and hey...imagine the chaos. Cause we're still on comms. Which, I guess is probably what should be done.

You want to discourage the big groups guys? Fine. All those aligned can play that game too. Thank you for finally, months ago, getting the VOIP up and running.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users