Give It 3 Or 4 Weeks Please. ( Kodiak)

13 replies to this topic

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:28 PM

Before every one goes nuts complaining about the Kodiak lets give it 3 or 4 weeks. Right now there are tons of them in games so with lots of 100 ton high fire power mechs its going to through games off a bit. But this will calm down.

As for the Kodiak in general yes its a very good mech. But it does not seem to be game breaking or OP and need a hot fix. I think we just need to see how it settles out after a few weeks.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 19 May 2016 - 08:28 PM.

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

You're asking people to give it 3-4 weeks?

You've been here since the beginning. As such, you should already know how this loud and extremely whiny player base operates.

#3 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

Seems like just the KDK-3 is a bit OP, specifically the 4x UAC-10 build

#4 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

One big factor that I want to point out is specifically for end match scores and whatnot...

In general there are more tons per team than usual lately (I've gotten plenty of 6+ KDK per side matches), which means there are also more hitpoints out there. It's incredibly easy to get high dmg (1000+) games right now because of this (and especially due to bad KDK pilots who expose themselves too much).

This is to specifically address people citing big match scores as proof of the KDK being "OP", I don't necessarily disagree that some variants might need some minor nerfs. Queues should die down within a week or two, and when that happens we'll be able to get a more valid idea of its actual capabilities in matches.

Edited by Chimera11, 19 May 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#5 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostChimera11, on 19 May 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

One big factor that I want to point out is specifically for end match scores and whatnot...

In general there are more tons per team than usual lately (I've gotten plenty of 6+ KDK per side matches), which means there are also more hitpoints out there. It's incredibly easy to get high dmg (1000+) games right now because of this (and especially due to bad KDK pilots who expose themselves too much).

This is to specifically address people citing big match scores as proof of the KDK being "OP", I don't necessarily disagree that some variants might need some minor nerfs. Queues should die down within a week or two, and when that happens we'll be able to get a more valid idea of its actual capabilities in matches.

Exactly. I have had plenty of 6-8 100 ton mech games. This makes gaves very hard to compare to normal games. Plus you have tons of people with no clue whats going on. Getting 4 kodiaks doing under 50 damage etc. I think at the moment there is no way to tell how balance needs changed if at all.

View PostMystere, on 19 May 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

You're asking people to give it 3-4 weeks?

You've been here since the beginning. As such, you should already know how this loud and extremely whiny player base operates.

True not sure what I expect haha.

View PostMoomtazz, on 19 May 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

Maybe we will see after a few weeks when we have better data. Sure its a very good build. But is it just flat out game breaking OP? I am not sure.

#6 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

I have to completely disagree; I get just as many kills and as much damage in my Marauders, Jagermechs, and Warhammers as I have been in the Kodiak 4xcUAC/10.

It's not "spritely" by any means, but it does have a bit of "pep to its step" compared to other 100-tonners...but this is mitigated by its paper mache armor and crappy yaw range (which completely makes the torso-mounted ballistics pretty much useless against anything higher or lower than the mech).

Basically, anything that's not standing directly in front of it can get the better of it. So, just like the rule of thumb with the Dire Wolf; DON"T F*CKING STAND IN FRONT OF IT...especially in a toe-to-toe pissing contest...you'll lose...even if you win.

Posted Image

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

3 to 4 weeks won't change it's effectiveness...unless PGI changes its quirks.

#8 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 19 May 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

3 to 4 weeks won't change it's effectiveness...unless PGI changes its quirks.

like I said in my other thread, 1-2 months for anything to change if necessary, 2-3 weeks at earliest, and 3 months the latest.

Honestly though I haven't seen the community this active and divided in such a long time. People like it, and people hate it.

Good thing I'm in the middle :P

... or am I :D

#9 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 19 May 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

like I said in my other thread, 1-2 months for anything to change if necessary, 2-3 weeks at earliest, and 3 months the latest.

Honestly though I haven't seen the community this active and divided in such a long time. People like it, and people hate it.

Good thing I'm in the middle Posted Image

... or am I Posted Image

I think it doesn't need the quirks, but I'll enjoy my SupaHunch in the mean time.

#10 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:37 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 19 May 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

I think it doesn't need the quirks, but I'll enjoy my SupaHunch in the mean time.

Hunchback IIC + Hunchback IIC = Kodiak

Now if only IS mechs could be transformers like clan mechs are... :)

#11 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:17 PM

the quad uac build is good against terribad pugs. once you face a decent player the KDK3 isnt scary anymore.

#12 Centuritron

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

To be honest the Kodiak seems really easy to kill. It's almost impossible to miss his CT, he is really visible. I have the impreesion that this thing say: hey shoot here! :D

After i dont think it needs to be nerfed. BUT for the guys who want the Kodiak nerf, what is his current problem for you? Agility? Firepower? Other thing? Because IMO i don't see any issues. :)

Edited by Centuritron, 19 May 2016 - 10:47 PM.

#13 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:37 PM

Have very few drops so far but it seems pretty obvious that the KDK-3 is much better than the others. My avg damage in the -3 is almost twice that of the other variants. I'd just give the -3 quirks to the -1 and call it a day.

#14 XaxalAndou

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:10 AM

View PostCenturitron, on 19 May 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

To be honest the Kodiak seems really easy to kill. It's almost impossible to miss his CT, he is really visible. I have the impreesion that this thing say: hey shoot here! Posted Image

After i dont think it needs to be nerfed. BUT for the guys who want the Kodiak nerf, what is his current problem for you? Agility? Firepower? Other thing? Because IMO i don't see any issues. Posted Image

I think too many Freebirths take issue with the idea of their being a good clan assault in the game. Which I call bull on. We NEED a good Assault especially with Ghost heat on clan weapons (Lasers mostly) making a large chunk of them unviable as things stand.

There really isn't any issue here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users