Constant Disconnect

4 replies to this topic

#1 The Councilor

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

I cannot go even a full game or even sit idly in the mechlab without getting disconnected from the servers, I really want to hop back in but this is ruining my experience. I tried allowing it through my firewall (It was already allowed) and it's not a graphical issue. I verified my game cache through steam and I've restarted my router. The only thing I know is that someone posted a topic on the steam forum's where his ISP basically told him PGI was back ending North American traffic through Europe and then back to North America (why?) I even switched to European servers thinking maybe it wouldn't be such an issue, but no I'm just constantly getting my connection dropped. Any advice tips or tricks take it up with PGI's Customer support? ANYTHING I want to play MWO.

#2 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

Try running a file integrity check, when I was having disco issues, that fixed it.

If your issue persists, contact support. PGI support is usually awesome.

#3 The Councilor

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

I'm not sure where to find MWO's certificate to run a file integrity check (some of this I'm fairly new to)

#4 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

Click the Gear at the top right on the patcher and click the repair tool.

or if the Steam version just have Steam Verify the Game Cache

#5 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:12 PM

If on steam, right click the game in your library, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users