4 replies to this topic

#1 Avi8tor

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 23 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

I would like to make a few suggestions, and criticisms, for you to consider. I know MY idea's are not the only, nor always the best, ideas. There are a few things tho that are common sense.

First and foremost suggestion is.... Change your philosophy of the game. I'm not talking about the Lore of Mechwarrior, I"m talking about how you approach your clients ...US... NO GAME WILL NEVER BE fair and balanced enough to avoid frustration and losing some new players. The simple fact is, there will always be those who gripe, whine, and complain when they come across someone who is better, stronger, or has a bigger mech. SO STOP trying to cater to that crowd, THEY are not the ones who are going to put money into the game either. The freeloaders who want a free game will do just that, play for free and never spend a dime so long as you make it easy, fair and balanced every time a mech comes out that is and advancement. It gets down right insulting when everything you do is at the expense of those who are loyal, be it weight limitations for groups instead of pugs and so on...give us some choices...It doesn't seem it would be to difficult to address, and move past.

The ones who WILL put money in the game are the loyal players, who love the game, lore, and all things MW....However, THEY are the ones that increasingly get frustrated and leave, (Taking their money with them) because they are disrespected, under valued, and constantly getting the short end of the stick every time you "Nerf" a mech or weapon system.

SECOND
I understand the desire for a tactical game that encourages such things as mech and weapons variations, but the simple truth is, most people just wanna shoot stuff with their mech. CW and PUG life does a great job of providing both a chance to play however they like, BUT, The TEIR sustem does help with keeping drastically different skill levels from getting to far out of balance, however, the BEST thing you can do to help with that is to ALLOW FOR MECH SELECTION AFTER THE MAP IS SELECTED. It would not be that hard to do, and you do it to some degree already for CW, but it needs to be available for all.

LASTLY

There are lots of small things that could be done, but you get the idea, your valued paying customers have increasing dropped one by one because you refuse to make this game consistent. You need to stop chasing your tail like the proverbial dog and set things in motion that will create a huge stable client base instead of the constant need for new players to sustain your income. I myself left for almost two years because of this very thing.....

CHears

#2 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:43 AM

Excuse me for a moment. I've pretty much not played MWO for about half a year and had a long break before that too.
Mech selection after map selection would not make me come back. It would help to do the opposite as a matter of fact.
It would just ensure that on cold maps i face mechs optimised for cold maps. That means less variety in enemies and alternatives to meta builds become less of an alternative.

As for the tier system....i have no real opinion of it.
That new system Russ talked about that would limit the amount of alpha's that can be done during a match need to arrive first of all.

Solaris with a free for all mode match type is also very important. No teams. No responsibility to a team. Just yourself versus everybody else.
They need more maps too. A pure urban map would be the first type of map they need. No huge open areas. Just a concrete jungle.

That's my opinion anyways. Have a good day.

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

Yes the people who pay for the game to continue, shouldn't be penalized for doing so with nerfings of their purchases. No to selecting mechs after map/mode. Honestly that whole world champion payout pool money would have been better served going to television advertising like world of tanks uses.

Edited by Dee Eight, 20 May 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#4 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

View PostAvi8tor, on 20 May 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

First and foremost suggestion is.... Change your philosophy of the game. I'm not talking about the Lore of Mechwarrior, I"m talking about how you approach your clients ...US... NO GAME WILL NEVER BE fair and balanced enough to avoid frustration and losing some new players. The simple fact is, there will always be those who gripe, whine, and complain when they come across someone who is better, stronger, or has a bigger mech. SO STOP trying to cater to that crowd, THEY are not the ones who are going to put money into the game either. The freeloaders who want a free game will do just that, play for free and never spend a dime so long as you make it easy, fair and balanced every time a mech comes out that is and advancement.

I flat out disagree. If something is released overpowered or underpowered, it needs to be addressed. The day I feel like the only way to win is "buy the newest Mech" I'm quitting the game.

And no, I'm not a freeloader.

View PostDee Eight, on 20 May 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

Honestly that whole world champion payout pool money would have been better served going to television advertising like world of tanks uses.

Google said:

Local television stations typically charge from $200 to $1,500 to create a 30-second commercial. National commercials produced by an advertising agency cost far more, averaging $342,000 for a 30-second spot in 2008, according to the American Association of Advertising Agencies.

Pretty sure that's a nope.

#5 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

I've purchased almost every mech pack so far, along with MC. I have so much banked premium time from my pre-order bonuses I could keep a company going for most of the year. Or at least 2 lances for a year.

I'm glad they balance the game. Not only does it make it more enjoyable for the masses, it provides changes and updates to provide chaos to what would otherwise be stagnate meta. Adapting to the changes makes for a new and interesting game to play.

That said, I haven't played in probably 6-months (and yet I still buy mech packs to support MWO, well except for the Cyclops because I've hated that mech since the plain whitebox BT ) because honestly at this point if the game isn't in VR or at least taking advantage of the HMD I'm not super interested in it anymore. Playing "SIM" style games (even arcade sims like this) just feel lackluster after playing with a tracking HMD. So if I were to post an open letter to PGI, It would be to spec out VR and put it on the Roadmap. Since that probably also involves a CryEngine update, I realize it's a big deal, but honestly the game could probably use that too at this point (though I will admit the new maps do look pretty nice).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users