Is Mechs Under Performing

6 replies to this topic

#1 DropshipPilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:40 AM

I have a real problem playing this game over the last several months, everytime i find an inner sphere mech that seems to compete vs the op clan mechs, it gets nerfed.
i am starting to thInk that everytime a pgi employee loses a match in his clan mech, the is mech involved gets nerfed. I am not a dirty clanner and hate that my in game damage nearly doubles when i play an op clan mech. Is there a work around or is clanner whining just a game feature? Just look at the scouting results..is mechs just cant compete at the same tonnage.

Edited by DropshipPilot, 14 May 2016 - 06:43 AM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostDropshipPilot, on 14 May 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

I have a real problem playing this game over the last several months, everytime i find an inner sphere mech that seems to compete vs the op clan mechs, it gets nerfed.

there are a lot of people complaining Clan is OP and a lot of people complaining IS is OP so I think they must be pretty well balanced at the moment.

i am starting to thInk that everytime a pgi employee loses a match in his clan mech, the is mech involved gets nerfed. I am not a dirty clanner and hate that my in game damage nearly doubles when i play an op clan mech. Is there a work around or is clanner whining just a game feature? Just look at the scouting results..is mechs just cant compete at the same tonnage.

there are just as many threads accusing PGI of hating the Clans and over buffing the IS.

if you want IS Mechs which can hold their own against Clan Mechs have a look at the following, I am assuming you want firepower and durability
Lights,
Firestarter, Raven, Jenner
Mediums,
Blackjack, Crab, Enforcer, Hunchback, Griffin.
Heavies,
Jagermech, Grasshopper, Warhammer, Black Knight, Marauder.

I am not an assault pilot but most of the IS Assualts seem to line up favourably against the Clan assaults.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 14 May 2016 - 08:18 AM.

#3 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

Clan mechs are basically easy mode as they come pre-upgraded, while IS has to be fine tuned *a lot* to make them competitive.

Both cost a crap load of C-Bills!

Scout isn't the only unbalanced game. If a clanner drops into an invasion mission with a trial mech in their deck, they have a massive edge on someone with an IS trial mech in their deck. The difference is amplified in 12v12.

#4 DropshipPilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

Actually, not many people complain inner sphere is op. You can take a quick accounting of who they are and they are just looking for a non skill based edge to exploit. Most is players just want to have a balanced gam even if it is via tonnage differentials.

#5 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:04 AM

Not every mech is a powerhouse but there are definitely unbalanced. Go into any faction warfare and count how many variants you see. Inevitably it is a min maxed meta mech on IS. The upside to clan not really having quirks means you get more variety (well, sort of there are only so many 250 ton variations) when it comes to mech deployment.

#6 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

Which IS mechs are you using?

IS has a lot of very, very good mechs; Oxide, Fire Starter, Blackjack, Enforcer, Hunchback, Griffin, Black Knight, Grasshopper, Quickdraw, Warhammer, Battlemaster, Banshee, Mauler... to name some of the better ones.

#7 finegamingconnoisseur

• Pip
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

I’ve been using IS ‘Mechs from the start, from a lore standpoint they’re supposed to be inferior in many respects compared to Clan tech (otherwise there wouldn’t be the “IS” and “Clan” distinction as such).

I think with IS ‘Mechs, the emphasis is more on “how can I fight a clearly superior ‘Mech with what I’ve got?” It could be said that an IS pilot has to fight harder, think outside of the box and work better as a team to bring down the Clan ‘Mech. That may not necessarily be a bad thing, especially if you’re looking for a bit more of a challenge.

Having said that, I do recall going head to head with a Timberwolf once in my Centurion, my opponent was somewhat more damaged than I was but still had all its weapons intact. We stood and fired our weapons at each other for the next few seconds, and in the end he bit the dust. I’m thinking it might have been my extra internal structure and armour hitpoints as well as STD engine, whereas the Timberwolf had XL engine and no additional hitpoint quirks. Also, the way IS and Clan weapons deliver their damage payload is different as well.

I guess it’s also fair to say that IS and Clan are somewhat evenly matched, just not in the way you’d expect, which is fine by me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users