#1 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:31 AM

Hello,

Was looking online to see if the dev's have mentioned if they are bringing the clan version of the marauder. This is a mech that I'm looking forward to, 85 tons of sexiness. Does anyone know if its in the works, or a upcoming clan release.

Thanks....

P.S. Some tasty reads right here..... http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder_IIC

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:00 AM

No mention.
MadCatIIC is more likely to happen first.

#3 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:20 AM

Oh, the Madcat...Another beautiful piece of machinery. The more clan mechs the better, not a fan of IS....

#4 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:48 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 22 May 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

No mention.

Well two problems.

"IIc" specifically means it's a 2nd generation mech, the c means it's clan.

Mad Cat (more correctly timberwolf) is a clan mech to begin with. So no reaosn for the C to be in the suffix.
So it's Timberwolf II, or first seen in MW4 (which was made but and not canon back then) "Mad Cat Mark II".

On top of that, it's cannonly a 3066 design with early sightings in 3063.

Currently it's 3052. So we will not see the Mad cat mk II anytime soon.

Marauder IIC, Warhammer IIC, Rifleman IIC, are all in timeline however and are available.

also Original poster, there is no mentions thus far.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:53 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 22 May 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

No mention.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rakshasa Rakshasa is likely to happen first. I.S. needs some imitation tech!

Edited by Koniving, 22 May 2016 - 04:54 AM.

#6 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

This Rakshasa is blasphemy... It must be cleansed with holy lasers....
Nothing can copy the gloriousness of the Timber wolf... (also when Nightshade mentioned Madcat 2, was like mmmm)...
I regress, IS can imitate but never duplicate what is and will forever be the Timber Wolf...

#7 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:46 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 22 May 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

Well two problems.

"IIc" specifically means it's a 2nd generation mech, the c means it's clan.

Mad Cat (more correctly timberwolf) is a clan mech to begin with. So no reaosn for the C to be in the suffix.
So it's Timberwolf II, or first seen in MW4 (which was made but and not canon back then) "Mad Cat Mark II".

On top of that, it's cannonly a 3066 design with early sightings in 3063.

Currently it's 3052. So we will not see the Mad cat mk II anytime soon.

Marauder IIC, Warhammer IIC, Rifleman IIC, are all in timeline however and are available.

also Original poster, there is no mentions thus far.

My mistake. I know this well. First time I played TT the United States had not yet had a president named Bush.
Probably just added the C as force of habbit due to this forum.

Anyways, point stands.
MadCatII has been mentioned, MaddyIIc not at all.

Also, for the record the proper name for the MadCatMkII is in fact: MadCat MkII. The mech was devloped for and marketed to the Inner Sphere.

However, it is not unfair to refer the Mad Cat II as the TimberWolf 2.

The Timber Wolf moniker does not return until the Timber Wolf III.

Also, IS does not need the Rakshasa. Unless it was treated with either major hardpoint inflation or super quirks, it will not fill any roll the Marauder does not already.

#8 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:57 AM

What about the Savage Wolf (madcat 4).... I wont be seen for a while tho, 3136....As well for the others in the extended Timber Wolf family...

#9 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

honestly, i hope PGI stop making IIC mechs. IIC mechs are broken, they get all the advantages of Clan tech without the weaknesses (fixed equipment) and the customisability of Battlemechs. They can't swap omnipods but wit the current hard point inflation, it's a pretty weak disadvantage.

#10 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 22 May 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

honestly, i hope PGI stop making IIC mechs. IIC mechs are broken, they get all the advantages of Clan tech without the weaknesses (fixed equipment) and the customisability of Battlemechs. They can't swap omnipods but wit the current hard point inflation, it's a pretty weak disadvantage.

Actually Clan mechs suffer from massive negative quirks...IS mechs gets super quirks because they cant use omni pods...
.And stop making clan mechs, how dare you speak such blasphemy....

Update: I just checked mark 2 mechs and didn't know they had fixed equipment, don't have any mark 2 so didn't know about that. Also omni pods are the only good thing about clan mechs, to give that up is to be IS...

Edited by Puerto Rock Punisher, 22 May 2016 - 07:25 AM.

#11 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

View PostPuerto Rock Punisher, on 22 May 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Actually Clan mechs suffer from massive negative quirks...IS mechs gets super quirks because they cant use omni pods...

there are almost no negative quirks, PGI removed them about 2 months ago.
I just checked and 3 TBR pods have 5% or 10% negative quirks on acceleration, reverse speed or twist rate, hardly massive negative quirks, all other clan pods have ether no quirks or positive quirks

.And stop making clan mechs, how dare you speak such blasphemy....

agreed

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 22 May 2016 - 08:08 AM.

#12 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

Hahahahaha... it's so funny because most of them are broken because they are underpowered, not overpowered.

Most of these mechs (the Inner sphere original ones) are viable through their hitboxes mixed with quirks.
It makes theses IS mechs kick hard. But for the clans?... not a single quirk in sight.
The Hunchback is mostsly made powerful due to the fact they minimalized the disadvantages of the huge hunch, take that out and you take it's biggest gun down as well. Not only that but it's easy to hit from all directions and sidess. LRM's focus attention there too and sstreaks due to higher area...
But it got armour and structure quirks...

Hunchback IIC? despite having double the visibility issues of a hunchback. It has no quirks and double the huge shoulders... making it extremely easy to disarm in combat and a magnet to LRM attention. Over the stormcrow the Energy and missile variants have no reason to exist... Quirks would ahve made these unique not only on the chassis but in the whole clan medium mech scene as well. but alas. The Hunchback IIC is considered poor in MW: O.

Orion IIC?... common theme, it's bigger over the original... none of the quirks that helped the originals CT problem, and no quirk to make it a powerful brawler, LRM boat, or sniper. It's a good weaponss platform but this thing is competing with The IS orion, Thunderbolt, Black Knight, Marauder, and the Clan Timberwolf, Ebon Jaguar, etc...

HIghlander IIC?... well it isn't bigger this time BUT it has no quirks... the only reason one may ever consider to use the IS highlander sadly that chassis is also lonely... In most situations the Highlander IIC (due to space issues and forced to be slower) most often has identical weapons load out to a normal highlander, just clan counterparts and sometimes bigger or in the pulse variation but nothing really massive here.

The only 1 of the 4 IIC's added into the game that is 'good' or not on the bottom of the barrel is the Jenner iIC... which is correct me if I'm wrong the biggest 35 tonner in game?... Sure, it's also the fastest 35 tonner and jumps the highest. can spam missiles a lot but besides that it isn't that notably better over the jenner IIC. One may argue that the smaller mech slightly slower with faster burn time of lasers may be (depending on the pilot/ your personal prefference) better over slighter faster, bigger, and longer ranges of lasers.

It's a debatable point how good the Jenner IIC is but considering all the other clan lights besides the arctic cheetah is suffering in terms of the fact they are not "MW: O" light mechs (not my problem but I wish the adder and kitfox are better quirked for ER PPC's and LBX 5's.).

IIC's in my mind is very important part of battletech. The mechs like the Orion IIC is iconic, and it shows the balance strengths and flaws in MW: O. The fact that on a blank slate giving IS mechss clan tech makes them worse or are not top tier gods all the sudden is an indication of that but there is another strength with IIC's...

it's the fact ti can give the clans a fast scout mech- normally not common what so ever in the clan arsenal up until the year 3070's!

Locust IIC and Commando IIC (along with our Jenner IIC) are some clan IIC's that will fill this slot in easily and fills in our 25 tonner slot as well. That's a great thing! Considering the native clan mechs omni or not is what...
a 25 ton LRM boat... another 25 ton LRM boat... a 20 ton machine gun of death ball (12 machine guns? considering MG's are so heavily nerfedd right now because PGI fears of what mechs with 6 mg's can do...), and what else... some random light mech that has an LRM 5 and a med pulse laser?... these are not good scouts... especially since a few of these guys i mentioned are slower then most IS lights and the ACH...

#13 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 22 May 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

Also, IS does not need the Rakshasa. Unless it was treated with either major hardpoint inflation or super quirks, it will not fill any roll the Marauder does not already.

For sake of lore- I say bring in the Kuritan Blackhawk (Nova), Rakshasa, etc.

Imitation tech was the leaders into the unknown for the iS in the mid late 3050's. It holds a very important flavour only available for this time period thus the 1 to 1 year scale we got going will REALLY feel like it after we see the slurry of imitation tech stroll in, new clan tech, early IS omnimechs, etc... Better then adding mechs continiously from the 2800's or random rare mechs that have no real value for the 3050's.

#14 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

I'd actually really like IS omnimechs, Rakshasa, Hauptmann etc. They'll be fun to play around with in the Mechlab.

Also, cigar laser!!! Posted Image

#15 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

What? Ive never heard anyone say the IIC mechs are too good except made the Jenner IIC but thats a glass cannon, very weak but can do big alphas. IIC mechs are definitely not OP. Their disadvantage is that they are really weak and fold like a pancake when hit.

Id like to see more. Rifleman IIC specifically

Edited by Ace Selin, 22 May 2016 - 08:10 PM.

#16 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:00 PM

Agree about the IIC mechs. They are fine, if anything the bigger they get the more they need some buffed quirks.
Seems most of the folk that complain about them dont actually own then and have some fantastic ideas about them which just are not true.

Ive played on both sides. Currently I play for an IS loyalist unit (though by default we dont fight clans in FW, obviouslyl. That said, I feel ballance is better than it ever has been right now. If anything, I would give IS a slight edge right now.
I think the biggst imbalanced component of IS vs Clans right now is actually based on mech selection.
There are far more viable IS mech choices than Clan. However, PGI claims that we will see a long run of new Clan mechs (already have 2 more waiting to go) so hopefuly that will change soon. It would be nice to see more than just the usual clan suspects out there.

Agree about the IIC mechs. They are fine, if anything the bigger they get the more they need some buffed quirks.
Seems most of the folk that complain about them dont actually own then and have some fantastic ideas about them which just are not true.

Ive played on both sides. Currently I play for an IS loyalist unit (though by default we dont fight clans in FW, obviouslyl. That said, I feel ballance is better than it ever has been right now. If anything, I would give IS a slight edge right now.
I think the biggst imbalanced component of IS vs Clans right now is actually based on mech selection.
There are far more viable IS mech choices than Clan. However, PGI claims that we will see a long run of new Clan mechs (already have 2 more waiting to go) so hopefuly that will change soon. It would be nice to see more than just the usual clan suspects out there.

#17 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:34 AM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rifleman_IIC
This is all you need. Wubhawk style with high mounts? Gimme

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users