Map Bias

6 replies to this topic

#1 April Showers

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:47 AM

I dont complain easy, but after playing a weekend almost exclusively on polar highlands - can i have a "i dont want this map" feature please ?

#2 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:55 AM

No. Because matchmaking takes long enough and no one would ever play TerraMeltya or Caustic again.

But I agree playing the same map one after the other can be a bit crazy. Yesterday I played forest colony 5 times in a row, then bog 3 times and another forest colony before I had to log out for the night.
Perhaps the devs could look at doing the following:
a. Add several more maps for variety.
b. Servers track the number of times each map has been used in the past 2-6 hours
c. The choose-a-map screen would reduce the chance of appearance for those maps with high usage, and therefore those players with hot builds can't choose the same-old/same-old.

#3 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

Or, just make it random...

Letting people vote doesn't add anything to the game, and forces me to keep playing f***ing Polar Highlands and Grim Portico over and over based mostly on the fact that they are cold maps.

Edited by Elendil, 23 May 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#4 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

Actually Grim Plexus isn't colder than a normal map. People just think it is because of the temperature text at the beginning of round screen. But some clever dudes actually looked at the game files and saw that Plexus has a neutral heat dissipation modifier. Portico (the older cousin) is indeed colder.

#5 HeckfyEx

Rookie

• Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:12 PM

Grim Plexus was bugged, yes. But it should have been fixed in one of the recent updates.

#6 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

Oh you're right. It was fixed in April. Hidden away among less important updates :-/

#7 JoanTheLiar

• PipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 59 posts
  • Locationsouth pole where the ping is the highest

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

i wish they would but they wont. on my day off of work i want to enjoy myself and when i play this game its nothing but frozen city maps more than half of the time and i never liked the map now i cant enjoy the game anymore because of it its been a week since ive played on forest and longer since terra. on the company point of view it would be bad for them so theres nothing we can do about it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users