Guess How I Knew I Was In Teir 2?

10 replies to this topic

#1 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:00 PM

it wasnt the teir slider, i didnt even bother to look at it. it wasnt the exemplary play of my team mates, i didnt survive long enough to see it.

you know what it was? it was when i recieved a full alpha from a team mate for the third time in 2 minutes, because he couldnt be bothered to move 2 meters to the left.

im starting to think that the matchmaker was never at fault. this game just rewards selfish gameplay. sit in a ditch and lrm from safety? all good as long as your smart/lucky enough to get damage. take out a teammates st in 1 alpha? thats cool, as long as your other 5 80dmg alphas land on an enemy.

i seriously saw higher quality gameplay in teir 3 at the reset when it was filled with drunk potatoes who couldnt walk and shoot at the same time. at least they gave a crapp.

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:41 PM

I got my Spider blown up by a pair of h-gauss from a team mate to my back, the jury is still out on whose fault it was, but at least I wasn't piloting anything important. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it happens repeatedly.

I do wonder though, if maybe that guy shooting you in the back was trying to tank his xp bar to drop back into T3?

#3 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

Your story would be a lot more compelling but for two small points. The first is the three tier spread in matchmaker meaning your MM pool doesn't really change in tier 2. The second is- team damage puts a huge dent in match score and hence PSR. +50 team damage almost guarantees a PSR drop even on an excellent game.

Otherwise, cool story bro. Be better with dragons.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,171 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:53 PM

View Postevilelrond, on 19 August 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

it wasnt the teir slider, i didnt even bother to look at it. it wasnt the exemplary play of my team mates, i didnt survive long enough to see it.

you know what it was? it was when i recieved a full alpha from a team mate for the third time in 2 minutes, because he couldnt be bothered to move 2 meters to the left.

im starting to think that the matchmaker was never at fault. this game just rewards selfish gameplay. sit in a ditch and lrm from safety? all good as long as your smart/lucky enough to get damage. take out a teammates st in 1 alpha? thats cool, as long as your other 5 80dmg alphas land on an enemy.

i seriously saw higher quality gameplay in teir 3 at the reset when it was filled with drunk potatoes who couldnt walk and shoot at the same time. at least they gave a crapp.

Do you realize that your team mate could be from Tier 4 (or maybe even from Tier 5, depending on how Paul Inouye "adjusted" the matchmaker)?

#5 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:37 AM

Dude why are the meatshields behind you.

#6 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:47 AM

Team damage and team kills massively hurts your matchscore. Just one 80 point alpha + a teamkill would be about -150 matchscore followed by a big timeout penalty. There is no benefit to purposefully shooting your own teammates.

#7 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 06:04 AM

View PostJman5, on 20 August 2020 - 05:47 AM, said:

Team damage and team kills massively hurts your matchscore. Just one 80 point alpha + a teamkill would be about -150 matchscore followed by a big timeout penalty. There is no benefit to purposefully shooting your own teammates.

Unless of course a player had zero interest in competition and just wanted to club seals so they are trying to get to tier 4 or 5

#8 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:06 AM

View PostJman5, on 20 August 2020 - 05:47 AM, said:

There is no benefit to purposefully shooting your own teammates.

Catharsis.

#9 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:28 AM

You should have seen all the T1 and T2 "Cadets" this morning. A minimum of 3 in every match.

#10 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 August 2020 - 04:58 PM

I got TK'd again just now, hmm. In all the time I have played MWO I can count on one hand how many times I have been TK'd, and now in one week both times I have caught an alpha to the back. That could be bad luck but I don't know, the fellow was entirely unapologetic as well, apparently once his lasers are firing, there is no way he can redirect them. I have to say so far, T2 has by far the worst players in it, and I started the climb from T5 once that system was implemented yonks ago. Ouch.

#11 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:45 PM

Dude I see a dude TK 3 dudes because his mate was on the other side about to get fragged

Last night I had a game on polar and we were winning by cap with the enemy team capping our own base.
As we were about to win 3 of our blue mechs step off the cap and hand the enemy the win via cap.

Group shenanigans at the expense of the win and everyone else's fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users