Wish The Hotfix Would Restore Mech Torso Directions

1 reply to this topic

#1 northpow

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

I am open to changing my mind on this, but for now I still wish that they would restore the mech torso indicators to the minimap. It seems that even after the hotfix, they will only restore your own torso indicator, not those of friendlies or targeted enemies.

Instead they are going to restrict that to a few specific cases (tag? UAV? an Atlas variant?).

I found directional indicators to be super useful, and it is going to be a lot harder to coordinate with a team or keep from bumping into friendlies (etc) without it. If anything MWO should offer ***more*** cool targeting features rather than taking them away.

It also bothers me that there are shifting explanations as to why this was removed. In the town hall it seemed like it was due to server load, not improving gameplay.

Like I said I could change my mind, and I know I've posted a lot already, but I'm not totally pleased.

As a side note, I'm really displeased with the communication here. The most controversial part of the patch wasn't even in the patch notes. It was in the town hall, but like most people I am not going to sit and watch a 80 minute video when I can read patch notes. I watched the relevant part of the video yesterday and I found Russ to be kind of condescending when discussing the minimap issue.

Edited by northpow, 22 June 2016 - 03:13 PM.

#2 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

I want the doritos for your own team available again, as knowing your own teams orientation seems both reasonable and more useful than their weight class. Enemies orientation should not be known without proper equipment/scouting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users