#21 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:48 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 24 May 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

Some players are averaging 1200+ based on what I've seen from their stream with maybe 1 out of 5 matches going over 1500. One player I watched did 1500 on his second match ever in this mech. So it depends on the player. Honestly though, it doesn't take much to connect with about 16 double tap shots on such huge targets for that 1k game.

If I remember correctly, DWFs weren't released by themselves and came with other mechs. This made it so that the queues weren't all assaults (big and slow targets). Plus the DWF was so slow and weapons so low mounted that it couldn't ever engage and disengage at its own terms like the KDK-3 can. So its offensive output in theory is actually greater than the KDK but it was simply difficult to get into those situations where you can use all that firepower. And if you made a mistake those mistakes are usually more costly than mistakes you make with a mech with high mounts.

I'm sure you have already said this, but I'll say it again. The bear-pocolypse of damage is in part a result of big targets for big guns to hit. That is to say, per game the average tonnages (and therefore the total health) of both teams is significantly greater since the Kodiaks release. This of course as you have said will die down once people go back to using a variety of mechs once they lose interest.

Also.... I for one welcome our fuzzy care bear overlords. :)

#22 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

Just rolled another match - just one. Enemy team - cheetah, adder, crab, bj, hunchy, kit fox (not sure), enforcer, timber, marauder, two kodiaks... smth else. Slightly overweighted combined. I did 1250 damage and felt like i did BAD - missed some open shots, did not twisted hard enough. Nearly ran out of ammo. Dont know, guys... Ok, when it all goes to normal, it would be not 1k average for skilled, but 800. Is it ok? Think not. Mechwarriors will have to apply their own universal patch - focus fire)

btw, i'm using uac10x2+uac5x2 with max engine.

p.s. i've noticed, i've never been legged in this thing, and i have like 67 leg armour. hm... dont remember my legs stripped either. may be CT somehow takes all hip damage, it would explain a lot. does anyone know KDK's hitboxes?
upd: hitboxes will be fixed - http://mwomercs.com/...symmetrical-ct/

Edited by banana peel, 24 May 2016 - 04:55 PM.

#23 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, as you saw we know the hitboxes, and they're currently kind of bad. I get legged in mine all the time, as my matches are chock full of Oxides and Jenner's all legging. Even with maxed leg armor, I die to legging as much as CT coring. Can't really protect/twist the legs after all.

#24 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:22 AM

The winner of the KDK-3 leaderboards posted his MadStats screenshot. That's 1013 dmg / match if you don't want to pull up calc.exe

Posted Image

#25 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 25 May 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

The winner of the KDK-3 leaderboards posted his MadStats screenshot. That's 1013 dmg / match if you don't want to pull up calc.exe

Posted Image

That's pretty crazy, and definitely non-trivial. 7.19 WLR is pretty awesome, but then, it's Twinky.

But in this case, having a 7.19 WLR certainly helps avoid having losses pull your average damage down =)

And, yeah, it shows 1013 damage average on the right, dunno why you'd pull up calc regardless ;)

Damn, that's a hell of a jump between ~3600-4000 to 5100; and 30 players deep to get below 4000. The Spirit Bear top score is 4400, the only other one close, but go down to #3 and you're below 4000 again.

#26 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

:) I don't use MadStats so I didn't look at the far right. I do my own maths, goddammit :D

#27 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:58 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 25 May 2016 - 12:35 AM, said:

:) I don't use MadStats so I didn't look at the far right. I do my own maths, goddammit :D
I highly recommend it. Really nice to be able to sort. The math part I don't care a lot about, but being able to filter and sort? That's great.

List your Clan Assaults from highest to lowest damage per match.

All is mechs, ordered from lowest wlr to highest

That sort of stuff. Handy way to assess relative performance - not so much between players, but for yourself between mechs you own.

Like I said in this thread - I think Mr. Peel thought I was directing it specifically at him, but I meant everybody, myself included. Generally speaking people really tend to overestimate things like average damage. Not intentionally, but it happens a lot. Mostly because you remember those awesome wins I imagine.

#28 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:35 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 24 May 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

Some players are averaging 1200+ based on what I've seen from their stream with maybe 1 out of 5 matches going over 1500. One player I watched did 1500 on his second match ever in this mech. So it depends on the player. Honestly though, it doesn't take much to connect with about 16 double tap shots on such huge targets for that 1k game.

If I remember correctly, DWFs weren't released by themselves and came with other mechs. This made it so that the queues weren't all assaults (big and slow targets). Plus the DWF was so slow and weapons so low mounted that it couldn't ever engage and disengage at its own terms like the KDK-3 can. So its offensive output in theory is actually greater than the KDK but it was simply difficult to get into those situations where you can use all that firepower. And if you made a mistake those mistakes are usually more costly than mistakes you make with a mech with high mounts.

I had easy 1000+ damage matches in the 4xUAC10 DWF even before the ammo buff. having the 4 UAC10s in the torso made em just below cockpit level. Of course doing this in a faster, arms shielded humanoid with uncommon high mounts (for a humanoid type) is way easier. The hardwired XL300 in the DWF gives you the option to carry a TC, more ammo or 6xCERSL/3xCERML for backup.

in a scenario where a 4xUAC10s 6xCERSL DWF pass a corner, and behind the corner there is a 4xUAC10s KDK3, the KDK3 is dead and gone. that's 40 dakka + 30 vomit in a split second, plus another 40 dakka after doubletap. that's 110 damage in less than a second, the KDK will have 9 points of Ct armor left, if he had 119 on CT front.

if the KDK shoots UACs back to the DWF, doubletap for 80 damage, the DWF still have 39 CT armor.

DWF-PRIME

this was my DWF build. 19 heatsinks cools the four UACs enough to shoot em all, and enough to let you shoot a 70 alpha+40 doubletap and still at 70ish% heat.

KDK-3 with 4UACs, 9t ammo, XL375 14 DHS.

they're pretty similar.

Edited by Corrado, 25 May 2016 - 01:35 AM.

#29 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:00 AM

If given the situation above, you'd be right, but that assumes a lot of things. Like the two mechs being within 200m of each other, the KDK not hill humping and corner peeking instead, which isn't the ideal approach for a KDK-3. Because of the increased mobility, the KDK can get into favorable positions more easily than the Dire. Not every engagement in MWO is a 1v1 so you can't look at it in those terms. Agility, speed, and hardpoint locations are equally as important as DPS and firepower in the overall scheme of things.

#30 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:52 AM

My numbers with KDK-3, all of which were in pursuit of a leaderboard spot:

Average damage per match: 621
KD: 1.88
WL: 1.48

Now let me account to you the last match I had played. I had 5 kills, 2 solo kills, 4 kill most damage dealt, and a hair over 1050 damage. This match did not result in my leaderboard score going up. Every match in my ten best was 1100 damage or better and had more solo kills or kill most damage dealt. I had 2 matches where I did a hair over 1450 damage.

I think, though, that my BAD matches probably are the reason for the lower average, as I was pretty consistently hitting 700+ damage. I definitely had one match where I died before doing 200 and a few in the morning on Saturday playing with European players where I couldn't get above 350 to save my life.

For good players, the KDK-3 is bound to continue to be a go-to monster. For bad players, I don't expect it to be much of a difference maker. It seems kind of like a rich-get-richer type thing.

#31 Jaster Me Reel

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:53 AM

A guy in my unit (ISEN) posted a snapshot of his stats and he averaged 1,000 per match. It is very possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users