Status Quo Of The Battlemaster

4 replies to this topic

#1 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:34 PM

So after the recent quirk passes where does the Battlemaster stand in the overall scheme of things?

What are the current top 3 variants of the chassis? Is this link still valid, relevant, and reliable?

http://metamechs.com...s/battlemaster/

Edited by ArmandTulsen, 22 July 2016 - 09:35 PM.

#2 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

Gman updates his stuff pretty regularly, check the date. If it is more than 6 months old it might not be "meta". Battlemasters are still strong IMO. Check out his overall mech tier listings. On phone so... I have faith you can find it! I find anything tier 2 and better works just fine. I even sometimes pull down good numbers in tier 4 mechs. Its all in how you drive. If you master all three chassis you need you will have a good feel for the mech and will learn how it acts.

I do not always like the specific loadouts Gman uses and I use them only as a guideline. He is doing a great thing for people looking at buying new mechs or relooking old chassis they haven't run in a while. I find his mechs run a bit hot or don't have enough ammo for my tastes, but mad props to him. Remember that those are his opinions based on his experience _at his level_. Some things work in lower tier play that wouldn't at his. (PHawks suck up here).

#3 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:15 PM

I think its still near the top. The 2C lost the energy duration quirk, which will keep it a little cooler. The 1G lost some of the medium laser love but is fine as well. The hardpoints and engine cap are what makes these mechs shine most. 4 or 5 large pulse, 3 large pulse and 3 or 4 med laser or med pulse builds are still solid. It can boat a 44-57 point energy alpha with up to 21 dhs and still go 76 kph. None of that has changed.

#4 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:29 AM

To answer your question better, it would be the 2C, 1G, and IMHO the 1S. The 1 Sis a great lrm boat and will get you lots of cbills.

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:27 AM

The rescale and the nerf weren' that much appart from each other.
Battlesmaster is still a solid chassi, it lost as much quirks as it gained tighter hitboxes.
The difference is hardly noticeable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users