10 replies to this topic

#1 NZT Limitless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:07 AM

Hi ,

I am looking for a ambidextrous gaming mouse (as I am a lefty). Anyone have any suggestions. Just looking for a beginners one and not something two complicated. Maybe with 2 extra buttons from the normal..

I am looking at the Logitech g300s but I have read a few notes saying it does not work well with MWO , any advice?

Thanks and appreciate the help,

NZT

#2 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:33 AM

I'm using a Steelseries Kana v2 which I quite like. It's a five-button gaming mouse, but shaped very conservatively, basically little different from a Logitech Pilot. It's fully ambidextrous.

#3 NZT Limitless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:40 AM

Hi , I did look at that make , but having the buttons on the left side is a bit of a pain.

Appreciate the help.

#4 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:45 AM

There's a thumb button on the right side as well. I rarely use THAT one, can only reach it with the pinky. :-P

#5 NZT Limitless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:52 AM

Ah ,great. The pic I saw didn't show the other side. Thanks heaps.

#6 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:46 AM

It seems Razer are one of the few companies making ambidextrous mice. The look nice and are comfortable enough, but I've heard the build quality isn't great and they tend to break much earlier than Logitech products
http://gaming-mouse....d-gaming-mouse/

#7 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:39 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 25 May 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

It seems Razer are one of the few companies making ambidextrous mice. The look nice and are comfortable enough, but I've heard the build quality isn't great and they tend to break much earlier than Logitech products
http://gaming-mouse....d-gaming-mouse/

Razer products will 100% last until the warranty is expired. After that.... it's a bit hit or miss.

#8 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:04 AM

I use a Roccat Tyon which I really like but their Kova would be a great ambidextrous mouse.

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:09 AM

You're a Lefty? Then the Logitech G13 might be for you.

Posted Image

#10 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:10 AM

There are all kinds of gaming mice and im sure they are all good, but sometihng to watch out for if you want to play fps is side buttons. If clicking the thumb button shifts the mouse and moves your aim its useless, like the ones on my lachesis do and so have been disabled in all the time i have had it. There must be a decent gaming mouse out there that is stable on the side buttons but i dont know which one it is

#11 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:36 AM

You are lucky. I am lefthanded too and been looking for the ultimate mouse for more than 2 decades now. I seriously think I became an expert for lefthanded gaming and maybe I will start a kickstarter one day to manufacture my own perfect ergonomic left handed mouse. So I can stop looking jealously at all those great right handed modells on the market.

Over the years I tried more then 10 different models from all kind of manufacturers (Logitech, Razer, Roccat, Rapoo, Mionix, Cougar, etc, etc). Each has its individual downsides. At the end there is only one I can really recommend.

Steelseries Sensei, not raw and not wireless. The raw has many restrictions on the driver part and the wireless can cause lots of other problems. Since the classic sensei finally works with the Steelengine 3 now and has no driver restrictions in macros anymore, it is the one mouse I recommend for lefthanded players. It is also not perfect, but it as closer than anything else at the moment.

The new and very expensive Logitech Chaos wireless might also be interesting, but if you want fancy features like angle snapping it is the Sensei. Check out ebay to get a used Sensei for a cheap dollar or euro.

And when you are on ebay anyway, search for a mini keypad called Steelseries Fang (a.k.a. Hama Cruzer), which is just perfect for MWO and a great combination for any lefthanded gamer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users