How Are You Suppose To Deal With Tk's?

81 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:02 AM

Penalty timer does not start until next launch...this is resolved.

So I'm zoomed in on a baddy...fire my gauss...one of my team mates runs across the line of fire, absorbs the rounds, dies. I get a penalty and am locked out of matches for a few hours.

How the hell am I suppose to prevent my team from running across my line of fire? It's not like they're being inattentive...I was 750m away, they couldn't have know I was firing. I had a clear shot on a stationary target...I couldn't have known this guy was going to cut across my firing line.

Just a bit frustrating. Everyone talks about "balance"...the penalty system needs some kind of balance.

Edited by Makenzie71, 26 May 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#2 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

a few hours....sounds like you TK too much...I've TK'd once in a match and it was like a 5 minute wait..

#3 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

A few hours???

If you are getting suspended that frequently, the problem is you, not your teammates; Learn some fire discipline

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 25 May 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

a few hours....sounds like you TK too much...I've TK'd once in a match and it was like a 5 minute wait..

pretty much this.. You are obviously doing way to much damage to others on your team.. Zoom out, and don't be so reckless with your shots. No you can't stop someone from running in front of you, but you having a better position can stop much of it.

Try watching your radar at the bottom of the screen and look for the blue triangles and see which way they are going.. if the triangle is coming close to you, and in front,.. hold your fire, and or zoom out quick to make sure no-one is in front of you

#5 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

I've had one TK in...months? I know it's happened before but I can't remember when. This morning was the only one in any recent history. I played the match before going to work (740am). I had a few free hours just now, went to launch at 1035am and was given a box that says I was locked out for a few more minutes because I either TK'ed or DC'ed during a live match (the latter most certainly did NOT happen).

Edited by Makenzie71, 25 May 2016 - 08:10 AM.

#6 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:13 AM

i just had a tk the other day...
i didn't even know it till stats at end of match
I had no wait time that i noticed

Dude you better sell your zoom module, its apparently getting you in trouble.
Just because you cant see the team mate you are about to shoot does not mean its not your fault.

#7 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

I can even remember the last time I got locked out for a TK.

The OP makes it sound like team mates are literally dying left and right like lemmings under his gun sights. Good to know...if I see him in match I'll stay the hell away from him. Posted Image

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

So if I run across one of my teammate's line of fire and get hammered is it their fault? I'm not sure I can follow that logic.

#9 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostDeath Proof, on 25 May 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

I can even remember the last time I got locked out for a TK.

The OP makes it sound like team mates are literally dying left and right like lemmings under his gun sights. Good to know...if I see him in match I'll stay the hell away from him. Posted Image

Like I said I got one today...I can't remember the last. I usually get a "1" or so on team damage in a melee but I think everyone gets that. For a long time I've been in the habit of warning my team not to park in front of my TBR (it is very distinctive) because I'm zoomed in and may not see them. The only other TK I can recall (though maybe one has happened since?) happened just after the TBR was released and someone in a spider parked right in front of my daul gauss...didn't see him, pulled the trigger...mak get's a TK. We agreed we were both at fault.

#10 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 25 May 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

So if I run across one of my teammate's line of fire and get hammered is it their fault? I'm not sure I can follow that logic.

Fact of the matter is, if you're not looking where they're shooting, and they're not looking out for their team mates, just as you did in your example with the gauss shot, you're both to blame.

I can pretty much guarantee you though, that 99% of your problem is using your zoom and/or advanced zoom module. You get super tunnel vision when you're zoomed 4x, and you will not see a team mate until it is too late, just like your example in the OP.

I see this so god damned often in games after I die, there will always be some numpty on the team just zoomed in all the way, running around like an idiot cause he can't see where the f*** he's going.

If you really need to zoom in, make sure you are as far away from your team as possible to avoid clipping them.

#11 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 25 May 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Fact of the matter is, if you're not looking where they're shooting, and they're not looking out for their team mates, just as you did in your example with the gauss shot, you're both to blame.

I can pretty much guarantee you though, that 99% of your problem is using your zoom and/or advanced zoom module. You get super tunnel vision when you're zoomed 4x, and you will not see a team mate until it is too late, just like your example in the OP.

I see this so god damned often in games after I die, there will always be some numpty on the team just zoomed in all the way, running around like an idiot cause he can't see where the f*** he's going.

If you really need to zoom in, make sure you are as far away from your team as possible to avoid clipping them.

It's not like I'm running around zoomed in. I snipe until I've used all 50 rounds. If I'm moving, no zoom. I only zoom in when I'm in a clear position to shoot. I don't know how else I'm suppose to land all my rounds effectively at 500~750m unless I'm zoomed in. Even with my 32" monitor I can't shoot that **** from the hip.

I have a real hard time finding fault with the shooter if the shot decides to walk up on a friendly sitting under cover, very still, pointed at the enemy, and park it in front of their guns.

#12 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Try watching your radar

I do, but Gauss range exceeds radar range.

#13 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:53 AM

Locked out for a few hours? How many TK's we talking here?

I do agree the "penalty" system is unforgiving especially in regards to disconnects. But to get shut down for hours? Seems like a lot of TK's to me.

In regards to "dealing with TK's".... in your case... I recommend brawling.

#14 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

As said above...one.

#15 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 25 May 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

So I'm zoomed in on a baddy...fire my gauss...one of my team mates runs across the line of fire, absorbs the rounds, dies. I get a penalty and am locked out of matches for a few hours.

How the hell am I suppose to prevent my team from running across my line of fire? It's not like they're being inattentive...I was 750m away, they couldn't have know I was firing. I had a clear shot on a stationary target...I couldn't have known this guy was going to cut across my firing line.

Just a bit frustrating. Everyone talks about "balance"...the penalty system needs some kind of balance.

every try paying attention to that minimap thingy on the bottom of your screen?

View PostMakenzie71, on 25 May 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

As said above...one.

and how much Team DAMAGE per match?

Because the two are factored together, and reset every 4 hours. So if you got a "multi hour" timeout? You had to have wracked up a LOT of Team Damage, too. You can have ZERO TKs but if you are a serial team damager, you will get a bans, too.

No if's, ands, or buts. That's how the system works.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 25 May 2016 - 09:01 AM.

#16 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

To focus on the OP's point.. assuming his point about having only one TK, and assuming not much damage over 30pts per game... I'd say this was a simple glitch issue he experienced. *hours* indicates numerous offenses as the penalty system ramps with each infraction and gets longer each time.

Now, that said... the OP needs to provide all facts to see what happened... namely (unless I totally missed it above) how much non-TK damage are you possibly inflicting each game? If it is 30+ every match even with "only" one TK that would explain your lengthy penalty?

Edited by Morggo, 25 May 2016 - 09:07 AM.

#17 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 May 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

every try paying attention to that minimap thingy on the bottom of your screen?

"every" notice the Gauss does full damage beyond sensor range? And the dude's dorito was well outside of my line of fire when I shot. He didn't start cutting across until after I pulled the trigger.

That match had quite a bit of team damage because I nailed that guy with two Gauss rounds. Generally, though, none...occasionally will graze a teammate in a brawl but no solid hits. I don't do team damage.

#18 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 25 May 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

No it's not your fault all of the time, sometimes its your fault and sometimes its theirs.

The point is that if your penalty is "HOURS" as you stated, then clearly the problem is you since none of the rest of us have to wait that long after accidental team damage or accidental team kills.

#19 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostMorggo, on 25 May 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

To focus on the OP's point.. assuming his point about having only one TK, and assuming not much damage over 30pts per game... I'd say this was a simple glitch issue he experienced. *hours* indicates numerous offenses as the penalty system ramps with each infraction and gets longer each time.

Now, that said... the OP needs to provide all facts to see what happened... namely (unless I totally missed it above) how much non-TK damage are you possibly inflicting each game? If it is 30+ every match even with "only" one TK that would explain your lengthy penalty?

As said above...not much. Every third or fourth match...depending on how much group brawling is going on...I'll get a red 1~4.

However the lockout didn't mention damage...it said I killed a teammate/dc'ed from a match.

#20 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

There is a problem with the Enhanced Zoom and where the little red and blue triangles line up with the Mechs you are zooming in on. Maybe you are doing more damage to team mates than you know. I have had one Team kill when I clipped a team mate with 7 damage and it was enough to take out his badly damaged Mech. My penalty was less than 3 minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users