Rescheduled Match = Free Mulligan?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

I'm very curious how this will play out. Since matches played outside of official times must have BOTH teams send in screenshots, what happens when the losing team cries foul simply to get a do-over? All a team has to do is fire up their torrent clients or whatever so they can complain that they had horrible ping/lag or have the last guy alive pull his ethernet cord out. If this happens enough, my guess is it will severely over-tax PGI Support and they'll simply "rule" that both teams must play the official time instead.

IMO there needs to be fairly clear requirements that could invalidate a match, and if the losing team doesn't submit a screenshot repeatedly.

Also, will PGI relax the forum rules for "name and shame" when a team starts doing this?

#2 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

no referee doesnt necessarily mean no rules of fairplay.

since pgi can see what matches are played on that server, the "cheating" team is probably gonna get their asses kicked out of the tournament.

#3 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

first, no matter the situation, there are clear guidelines in place for some of this already, if someone drops it has to be in the first 5 minutes, or, too bad Posted Image, bad ping was NOT listed as a reason for a muligan in fact there is no provision for such a thing, except within the first 5 minutes of the match, or until someone takes damage, at least that is what the rules said Posted Image

the bad part IS going to be getting people to take and submit screenshots, that is gonna be hard as F*** to get teams to do it, especially if they get rolled hard.... So many new teams....

my biggest concern is this, when teams start to lose heart (and some will, it's inevitable) and they drop out, do all of their matches get pulled from the results? because if they don't it will create a never ending imbalance in w/l for teams who have yet to play them. I expect fully a 50% attrition rate as we near the end, when so many teams do the math and understand they have no chance past a certain point, and this is not me saying "all those scrubs r bad m'kay" it's me saying that any team that loses 30 of their first 50 matches is going to look at the standings and go, well, if we win out, we still don't mathematically stand a chance...this will happen. This is my single biggest concern....I'm still excited for this!!! and still appreciative of it going on.

P.s. HI HYDRO!!!!! Posted Image

Edited by lpmagic, 25 May 2016 - 03:20 PM.

#4 Hunter Watzas

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

I am sick of hearing this "Teams are going to realize they aren't going to win and therefore stop playing" I am sure more than half the teams that registered know that the chances of them making regional finals is like <5%. Most teams know who are the most comp teams out there and how well they play, sure there could be a few hidden teams that might surprise people but for the most part this is about younger teams just putting themselves out there to learn and get experience so in following years/tournies they can compete. As for the teams that are all top tier and are fighting for that spot, if they dropped out then it would be a shame on their team and probably have a negative community backlash against them in other leagues, etc.

#5 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:16 PM

I would like to encourage those younger and less comp style teams to please stick it out. Even if you do not make the top 5 you can still affect who makes it there. You can be that one team that surprises everyone with a win over a top tier team. Especially since these are one and done drops. So please, play all your matches to the best of your abilities and availability. Who knows, PGI may have prizes for teams that stick it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users