147 replies to this topic

#21 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

Hahahaaaa excellent, I had been debating picking up a BW for weeks, good thing I held off. But fyi Pgi.... we need a C Mad Dog already! To have gotten the invasion variant would have been quadruple the price of even the most expensive C and I mechs... Well except if you threw down for a gold invasion mech.

Edited by ShootterMcGavin, 26 May 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#22 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

Nice Sale......

Still just waiting for mech bay sale though....that's it.....

On plus side.........maybe this sale will FINALLY get the Oxide nerfed????Posted Image
Maybe???Posted Image
Possible???Posted Image

Probably not...think PGI likes it too much to keep light "playable"

#23 Wyattorc

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:13 PM

annnnd there goes my MC....

and here comes the Oxide nerf after everyone buys the mech.

ill be pissed if that happens.

#24 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 26 May 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Finally!... I can buy the Oxide after so many years!

Muhahahaha

oh wait

F*
Happened to me after buying Grid Iron, and Huggin last year.
Only got to enjoy the GI for a week.

No Oxide for me then Posted Image Posted Image

Lol. Oxide was perfectly decent before it had quirks at all. Yeah it suffered from jenner hit boxes and awful SRM hitreg but it was always a good little boom and zoom mech that punches well above its weight class.

#25 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

Damn... spent all my mc on a BW 22 days ago :(

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 26 May 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

you know how it works now... this week is a mech sale, *next* week will be the MechBay sale...

This is why you always buy them by the dozen on sale...

Yeah, PGI could have caused a lot more MC to be spent on their stuff, if they would have had 'Common Sense', and decided to have the Mech Bay Sale at the same time as the "Hero/Champion/Community Mech Sale". Oh well, let's hope they learn, right? :P

~D. V. "Watching for what's next..." Devnull

(p.s.: Another spot where they could get people to spend more is those XP Conversion events. Instead of just Double Conversion, they should make it Triple, then people will be more willing to use MC on converting MXP to GXP.)

#27 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:06 PM

Mech bays do not go on sale...get over it already.

#28 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 26 May 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

So which heroes are recommended buys?

I already have an Oxide.... The Bounty Hunter & Black Widow are appealing to me.

They're both great mechs IMHO. I have Oxide, BH and BW. I have three Griffins and one Hunchback so I'm thinking about or the Sparky or the Grid Iron (or both :) ).
Are they good hero mechs?

Edit: I also have the Cataphract and the Ilya Muromets could be a good buy...

Edited by invernomuto, 26 May 2016 - 11:25 PM.

#29 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:17 PM

So what is the event?? Just the 20% bonus bonus??

Why not make a Hero Leaderboard Challenge?

#30 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:43 PM

St. Ives' Blues?

#31 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:57 PM

@Invernomuto - I wouldn't recommend the Grid Iron; I have all the IS Hunchbacks and that is by far my least favourite. Get it if you are a "gotta catch 'em all" pilot but other than that there are, in my opinion, better things to spend MC on.

To be honest I'd say much the same about the Ilya, it's just outclassed by so many other IS heavies an isn't the beast it once was.

Never played Griffin so can't comment on Sparky.

Edited by Jimmy DiGriz, 27 May 2016 - 12:01 AM.

#32 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:17 AM

Don't buy St.Ives Blue or Grid Iron. While the former has one of the best camo in the game, it simply is a very weak mech. Grid Iron lost it's appeal when it's Gauss quirk was nerfed.

On the other hand, Sparky is one of my most favorite mechs atm and can do a lot of different things from MPL boating to triple LPL, a mixture of LPL and ML or simply 4 LL. Quirks and hitboxes are excellent, and 2N and 3M are great companions for leveling the chassis pretty quickly.

Oxide is a no brainer at -50%, and the same holds true for the Black Widow. The latter also is a much better ballistic boat than the good ol' Ilya, which - like all the CTFs - got obsoleted with the release of the Warhammers. Get Ilya if you want to do a niche build like 3 AC 10 / 3 LBX, but I really can't recommend buying that one.

I for myself am considering getting duplicates of Oxide, Sparky and Black Widow, but this would obv be an act of luxury and those duplicstes would only find use in FP.

I am missing Legend Killer and Hellslinger. Can anybody recommend on those? Both are appealing to me for niche applications in FP (60t Dakka support other than a Dragon or IV4 and Assault for hot maps respectively).

Edited by Aylek, 27 May 2016 - 03:06 AM.

#33 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:38 AM

Nice sale, PGI.

And wrt to mechbays: Just sell one of your C-Bill mechs and wait for the next event where you can earn a free mechbay. Easy.

#34 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostAylek, on 27 May 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

Don't buy St.Ives Blue or Grid Iron. While the former has one of the best camo in the game, it simply is a very weak mech. Grid Iron lost it's appeal when it's Gauss quirk was nerfed.

On the other hand, Sparky is one of my most favorite mechs atm and can do a lot of different things from MPL boating to triple LPL, a mixture of LPL and ML or simply 4 LL. Quirks and hitboxes are excellent, and 2N and 3M are great companions for leveling the chassis pretty quickly.

Oxide is a no brainer at -50%, and the same holds true for the Black Widow. The latter also is a much better ballistic boat than the good ol' Ilya, which - like all the CTFs - got obsoleted with the release of the Warhammers. Get Ilya if you want to do a niche build like 3 AC 10 / 3 LBX, but I really can't recommend buying that one.

I for myself am considering getting duplicates of Oxide, Sparky and Black Widow, but this would obv be an actual of luxury and those duplicstes would only find use in FP.

I am missing Legend Killer and Hellslinger. Can anybody recommend on those? Both are appealing to me for niche applications in FP (60t Dakka support other than a Dragon or IV4 and Assault for hot maps respectively).

LK is okay and Hellslinger is currentlt the only mech that can laserboat hot maps in cw super effectively b/c of its "external heat transfer" quirk. I know many that run it w/ 4 LPL on vitric and sulphorous.

#35 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:13 AM

Why no Tempest?

And what is top dog not even sure I heard of it.

Edited by Koniving, 27 May 2016 - 02:21 AM.

#36 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:21 AM

Mkay worked out how to get three heroes I don't already have 29.95 and have some MC left over.

Gonna get legend-killer, the warhammer hero or marauder hero, and either the anansi or pirate's bane.

Also from the MC prices, don't ever buy a package hero addon for straight MC without one of these sales unless maybe it's a light... because wow the 15 is so much cheaper.

Edited by Koniving, 27 May 2016 - 02:24 AM.

#37 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

Does anyone know if the C-bill bonuses will also apply to the "special" mechs that also have a c-bill bonus (Founders, Phoenix, Invasion, loyalty, so on and so forth)?

#38 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:31 AM

View PostZerberus, on 27 May 2016 - 02:28 AM, said:

Does anyone know if the C-bill bonuses will also apply to the "special" mechs that also have a c-bill bonus (Founders, Phoenix, Invasion, loyalty, so on and so forth)?

Judging from the wording, no.

Events like this are a good way to get mass data on heroes which I believe might be a concern for them, also I don't believe they don't get balanced as often as regular mechs.

#39 Sparkymarkyp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:36 AM

Sales ends 1 day before my pay day 😠😠😠

#40 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:36 AM

View PostZerberus, on 27 May 2016 - 02:28 AM, said:

Gotta recheck but I am sure my Sarah's Jenner has only 30% as has the customer appreciation Cent.

Edit: Ok so the Sarah's Jenner has XP Bonus so it's out anyways. But the CN9-AH has still just 30% CB Bonus. So the Special Mechs that aren't heros don't get the treatment.

Edited by Jason Parker, 28 May 2016 - 01:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users