Well, Plexus It Is, Stuck In The Terrain

13 replies to this topic

#1 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

Not sure, where to put a map bug-report. Also not sure if it is necessary, or terrain bugs are accustomed, and i should just move on.
Anyway... so i tend so stuck in that angular crystalic (or not?) pieces of terrain on Grim. I always managed to escape the grim-trap, but today was a special day. I jumped and landed on a congestion of crystals(?) in the D8, which is just about near the D8-D9 line. Then i couldnt move, and my jj bar did not restore. Fellow marauder came to the rescue and said that i was floating. He couldnt move me either, so i in fact was not standing (scat, if it matters).

I have no doubt, that this exact piece of terrain is not the only trap on Grim.
Sorry for absence of photos, all my screenshots in mwo are blackscreens.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

Another stuck zone to add to the list... One of the Crystalline Formations, edge of G5-H5 at a corner, can be jumped up into and become stuck in. JumpJets won't recharge, the mech can't turn, and reverse/forward just don't function right. Speed gets stuck at ~66 kph, and it's miserable. Somebody was even able to use my being stuck to kill me. :(

~D. V. "I hate being exploited to death." Devnull

#3 Iapis

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:42 PM

Just happened to me in another spot. Similar to D V Devnull.

Coord: 2644.06 4851.9 306.1

#4 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

it even happened in mining collective for a our firestarter (cant remember the map grid). While he moved constantly a jump forward the client resetted him - but at least the enemy could see and shooot him. He was yust saved through the end of game (cap Win).

#5 Iapis

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:44 PM

Another spot I got stuck in today...

Coord: 4725.8 3135.8 368.2

#6 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

3433.6 3884.1 294.7

Plexus as a LCT - 1V

#7 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:30 AM

Should we be posting these here, or at https://mwomercs.com...ision-feedback/
?

#8 Palocles

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Another trap spot but not in crystals but between buildings.

I was just in a Marauder and went through the buildings in F5. The two buildings on the line with F4 are fine but i was able to walk about 75% of the length of the two closer buildings with the blocks and lumps on the inner walls before becoming stuck. Unable to move forwards but able to turn and back track to about the mid point but not exit the way i came in.

Luckily had JJs and after several tries got myself loose. It was pretty tricky though and i suspect could have not worked.

IMO, the buildings should have smooth inner walls so the path between is same thickness all along and if your mechs fits it can go all the way. Otherwise make sure that mechs which can't get all the way through can't get in the entrance at all.

#9 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:13 AM

Another one stuck ....

https://youtu.be/1MaT3v7ixyA

#10 F0xGl0ve

Rookie

• The King
  • The King
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:06 AM

The Black Jack on my team got stuck on the wall at F10, he probably could have gotten out with his jump jets but the game did not recognize him as being in contact with the ground. [color=#444444]https://goo.gl/zz2SAr[/color]

#11 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

[removed by user]

Edited by Throe, 05 October 2023 - 02:02 PM.

#12 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

View PostThroe, on 23 March 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Honestly, Grim Plexus terrain is, and always has been terrible. I think they half assed the collision model for the terrain out of necessity, given that doing it well would've probably meant hundreds of hours of labor.

Let it be an example. I think most players would rather have maps that are more functional than pretty. The invisible walls are infuriating, and they're precisely what cause crap like this.

I think if they were going to have a mismatch between the terrain textures and the terrain collision, they should place the collision map well within the textures, so that you can effectively shoot through the edges of terrain, where it might still block your view. So if you can see the opponent, you can definitely shoot them.

If you can see it and are in range with loaded weapons logic says you should be able to shoot it.

#13 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

I got one here.

https://youtu.be/y0eGotlihA4

Teammate was going to jump on me to try to knock me out of it but I seem to have somehow gotten free on my own.

#14 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

This game allows you to get stuck on pepples.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users