7 replies to this topic

#1 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

Story time warriors. I ran with the unit BOSS recruited by its then leader for my light mech piloting. I left that unit due to issues with a few members. After that was my 'home" unit of WMC. It was a great unit with most of its members being in military service but not a requirement. We had fun casual drops,serious comp level sub group, and lol runs. This unit I stayed with for the past few years. Eventually most of the unit disbanded for multiple reasons.

A few members still run with the tag but I've left it. Burned out on unit and cw play, to keep myself interested in the game I came up with my own goal of a mastery achievement by mech class. I chose my best class that I liked then came up with a few rules:

1. No use of premium time banked or bought except that won by in game events. Since this time is automatic lasting how ever long pgi sets it I don't have control of it.

2. No use of special,hero,loyalty,or packaged mechs except for those already owned or won by an event reward. As much as I'd like to use the (c) variant I really don't want to shell out real money for a near exact copy of a mech than I probably already own that doesn't have the xp boost.

3. No uav-suicide farming. Not worth the time investment to even log in as dull as this would be. I like to fight and those that drop with me know I prefer to die fighting.

4. No gxp-ing out a mech. Yes this means using the really shity mechs with only two energy points in the ct. Real good job there pgi on making a mech complete crap. No matter how uber quirked it is. Damed as locust 3v is the worst. At least the spider had jump jets and few more points armor.

I've gotten a lot of experience with the light class and I know how to use them. I also know a lot of other mechs' weak spots having had to fight many of them one vs one or two to one. I've had to give up my quest to master them all for the time being due to work issues. Why the is lights over clan? Because when I started the clans were not in game yet.

Also they are slow as hell. Speed is life. But the arctic cheetah blah blah blah. That mech sucks. I've gotten the prime to basic then went back to is. I know fully how to battle the ach spl/mpl build and win in a one on one. I believe the number twenty-three is right for the ones mastered. Some are past elite but not enough xp yet to master.

Posted Image

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:07 AM

Good luck. I've mastered every light variant in the game. It's a fun quest.

#3 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:13 AM

Mech row 3 is there to prove you enjoy pain. Posted Image

Edited by TheStrider, 03 June 2016 - 09:13 AM.

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

GL JP and if the competitve bug ever bites, our MRBC teams could really use a dedicated light pilot!

#5 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

Gotta master 'em all!

#6 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostTheStrider, on 03 June 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

Mech row 3 is there to prove you enjoy pain. Posted Image

Nonsense, that LCT-3V is still Basic!

#7 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

I've fully mastered every IS light and all the Clan except the Jenner 2 question is whether I can be asked to find my screen shots up load them to Enjin and then set them up here, as proof.

alas I remember when I could just upload from my hard drives, when we had real forums

I should add that I don't think I even have the clan Jenners basic skills finnished

Edited by Cathy, 04 June 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#8 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

I've been on a quest for the past year to master three variants of every IS chassis. I'm almost done...then PGI puts out new mechs! Not much of a complaint of course, it's a nice problem to have. But there are a few variants I have realized I was just shy of fully mastering so I am revisiting some of them...and they are usually the worst ones. It has led to some hilariously bad and brief matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users