Looking For Viper Builds. *standard Package*

11 replies to this topic

#1 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

As the title says i'm looking for Viper builds. though i'd like some for the standard package all Vipers are a okay.

#2 Randommexi

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:09 PM

i'm looking for viper Omni Pods. do you have any? wont let me buy any.

#3 Aidan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:39 AM

The Viper A can create a Medusa like 5x ERSmall, 1x SRM6+artemis, Active Probe + heat sink... You can also do some mix and matching to get 5x SPLs (some combination if you want).

#4 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:52 AM

I only played a few rounds last night, but so far my most reliable build has been with 7 ER small lasers. It's a good balance between firepower, weight, range, and beam duration.

I'm running that on my Prime. My A and B variants are using 4 ER medium lasers and 4 ER medium pulse lasers using stock omnipods.

VPR-PRIME
VPR-A
VPR-B

Edited by process, 20 July 2016 - 05:54 AM.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:39 AM

View Postprocess, on 20 July 2016 - 05:52 AM, said:

I only played a few rounds last night, but so far my most reliable build has been with 7 ER small lasers. It's a good balance between firepower, weight, range, and beam duration.

I'm running that on my Prime. My A and B variants are using 4 ER medium lasers and 4 ER medium pulse lasers using stock omnipods.

VPR-PRIME
VPR-A
VPR-B

You can strip arms and head to get 2 more DHS on your A.

#6 Aidan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

I feel like most builds are going to want at least one SRM6 (with or without artemis is fine) to get some additional shotgunned damage and to help with lights... I tried the Medusa with stock Streak SRM6... and it was "fine"... but the reload time is awfully low... Maybe on the version with missile cooldown reduction you can get some happiness with that build?

#7 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostAidan Kerensky, on 20 July 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

I feel like most builds are going to want at least one SRM6 (with or without artemis is fine) to get some additional shotgunned damage and to help with lights... I tried the Medusa with stock Streak SRM6... and it was "fine"... but the reload time is awfully low... Maybe on the version with missile cooldown reduction you can get some happiness with that build?

Maybe SRM4?

#8 Aidan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:28 AM

I can see an SRM4 instead... the fact is that the mech is going to be ~2 tons short of a "good" weapon build pretty much no matter what you do. The trick is to find the weapon set that works best with the crazy jumping style...

Side note: Pulling off a single well timed leap of an assault and then coring it in the back will make you feel like a freakin' stud...

#9 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostAidan Kerensky, on 20 July 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

If you can't hit lights with lasers, you shouldn't be fighting them. All you get out of an SRM is less DHS and a hotter build.

#10 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:35 PM

This is my VPR-AP... since the A variant has the worst agility quirks and they're part of the CT pod, I installed the Side torsos and right arm from the Prime and the result is the same agility as the prime, and a better weapons mixture possible for heat management. I didn't mind losing the set of 8 quirks since the XP bonus I find is meaningless, and the 5% laser heat generation similarly pointless.

VPR-AP

Edited by Dee Eight, 22 July 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#11 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:37 PM

VPR-A 4xmpl rebuild

Current config that I operate the A with.

#12 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:52 PM

It's a shame the arms lack ballistic hardpoints; otherwise, I'd have some serious Machine Gun Spammage!

Edited by Hawk819, 23 July 2016 - 07:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users