• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:16 AM

Hi,

a )
Is there a limit to the number of different mechs to be effectively marked (by the NARC-missiles of one and the same player) ?

b )
Is there any equipment, modules or even quirks that counter the narc-m effect and/or might decrease the time the beacon is active ?

Edited by SuriViruS, 29 May 2016 - 05:17 AM.

#2 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:31 AM

a) no

Posted Image ECM does. When you have a NARC on you, you can walk within 90m of your ECM-Buddy and be invisible again. Doesn't work when you are the ECM guy as you cant protect yourself with ECM vs. NARC.

Edited by Exard3k, 29 May 2016 - 05:32 AM.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:38 AM

are you sure exard? I could swear i have narc'd mechs next to ECM and had them light up, as often it is just easier to hit the slower mech, verse trying to narc a ARC for example... I know i have lit up many mechs including one with ECM and seen them all show up, Perhaps they were farther than 90m? or maybe the narc counters the mechs ECM so it does not work on others too? Maybe i am wrong, dunno, only been using narc more recently.. as i finally found a couple mechs that i like builds with it :)

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:00 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 29 May 2016 - 05:38 AM, said:

are you sure exard? I could swear i have narc'd mechs next to ECM and had them light up, as often it is just easier to hit the slower mech, verse trying to narc a ARC for example... I know i have lit up many mechs including one with ECM and seen them all show up, Perhaps they were farther than 90m? or maybe the narc counters the mechs ECM so it does not work on others too? Maybe i am wrong, dunno, only been using narc more recently.. as i finally found a couple mechs that i like builds with it Posted Image

an ECM does turn off a NARC beacon, which then turns on again if the Mech gets too far from the ECM.
I know when I have been NARCed running to a nearby ECM stops the "rain", and many times have I seen a NARC signal disappear when it gets close to the ECM.

#5 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:49 AM

Just to rephrase what Rogue Jedi said:

1. If you NARC a non-ECM 'mech > NARC works.
2. If you NARC a 'mech with ECM > NARC counters the ECM (NARC works).
3. If you NARC a non-ECM 'mech who then stands within 90m of a 'mech with ECM > ECM counters NARC (NARC doesn't work).
4. If the NARC'd 'mech from scenario 3 moves more than 90m away from the ECM, the NARC reactivates. Note that the timer is always running: HBK-4P gets Narc'd at 1:00; at 1:05 he walks next to AS7-D-DC, NARC is countered by ECM; at 1:25 he walks outside of the DDC's ECM range, NARC is reactivated; at 1:30 the NARC beacon expires (assuming no quirks or modules for Narc duration).

#6 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

What has been said above is accurate. I'll add that AMS can shoot down the NARC beacon before it sticks to you, depending on the amount of AMS equipped, the range the NARC was fired from and AMS modules/quirks.

I don't know exactly what circumstances are needed for AMS to stop the NARC, but it can happen.

#7 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 29 May 2016 - 07:06 AM, said:

What has been said above is accurate. I'll add that AMS can shoot down the NARC beacon before it sticks to you, depending on the amount of AMS equipped, the range the NARC was fired from and AMS modules/quirks.

I don't know exactly what circumstances are needed for AMS to stop the NARC, but it can happen.

I wish there was an emoticon for mind=blown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users