Domination Completely Unplayable For One Side

11 replies to this topic

#1 Chaossaur

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:24 AM

by the time a light for our team got there in the circle the timer was 20 seconds.
there was no safe spots once we go there, they had all the defences ludicrous . the QA boys did not test this at all.

I will reiterate that domination needs to go back to 1: 30 on base clock and killing gens should add 30 seconds regardless of the current timer.

The domination spot really should be located randomly on the map anyway, and start points X distance away from the centre the same for both groups. that would make this mode more interesting.

#2 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:59 AM

https://mwomercs.com...nced-dom-point/

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 27 December 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#3 Soku Yamashita

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:31 AM

it is ridiculous, pls take a look at it PGI.

#4 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

Saw this horrible spawn position last night. I couldn't believe how close the defenders are to the dom point. PGI really needs to address this map spawn

#5 TypicalDogAct

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:31 AM

yada yada yada blah .... at least suggest where to put it, and why ... this is a long standing issue, and the other thread is longer ....

#6 Canniballistic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostTypicalDogAct, on 09 January 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

yada yada yada blah .... at least suggest where to put it, and why ... this is a long standing issue, and the other thread is longer ....

It isnt our job to fix the game. If they want to pay people on the forum to be map/game designers than ok otherwise [Have Fun] with that.

Also the other threads OP doesnt even mention that its physically impossible for one team to get into the Dom zone before the other team has half capped it.

Theres a lot of [Fun People] in this game but WOW!

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 17 January 2017 - 07:43 PM.
language,

#7 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:51 PM

so whats the news here ? why the harsh language ? life`s hard, deal with it.

rather bring some constructive change to it. I would not see a good none-lopsided point, except somewhere in the old i12 area opposite to king of the hill hill vs king of the hill hill.

Edited by Lolo van Trollinger, 16 January 2017 - 05:55 PM.

#8 Miles McQuiston

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

Domination needs to be changed. I could see a game mode where you need to control a center point and destroy the enemy objectives "gens". Forget about a timer...... Make it such that the match is over when you have controlled the "circle" i.e. kept the entire enemy team out of it and destroyed the enemies gens.

Thus the battle would take place on multiple fronts. I would tie cbills to objective completion thus encouraging team play. Hence if you death ball... lights could slip past and destroy your gens (no cbill bonus). If everyone is "married to a timer" have the timer reflect cbill payouts. I.E. The longer you control the center the greater the payout. Hence fight over center is important as well. Match is over when all enemies are destroyed or both enemy gens destroyed and center is controlled. Make it such that the cbill multiplier only pays out for holding the center if you protect your "gens". I.E if a group of enemy slip past you and destroy your gens you don't get any cbill multiplier. If enemy destroys one of your gens you get 1/2 the cbill multiplier.

Incentivize "splitting up" while working as a team (Maybe make lance in formation worthwhile). Oh and make the cbills rain. Instantly it would be the most popular mode. It would pay more and require greater strategy.

But what about farming by crippling a mech and running up the timer. Simple solution just implement eject in quick play. Now the enemy has the option to end it at any time. Now those lone survivors could have a secondary objective of denying the enemy a large payout by destroying gens.

#9 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

Absolutely lousy map design. Domination point sucks for one team making it an easy win for the other. Just how hard is it to move the point and Gens? How long will PGI allow this to go on pissing off its player base?

#10 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

these problems do exist on Grim, Alpine and maybe 1-2 other maps, but the majority of maps have pretty well balances domination points offering cover to both sides.

mentioning which map specificly you are having trouble with would be much better feedback than just saying problems exist.

#11 Pyed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

Put dom point on Alpine in the wide open with zero cover and make it a game of chicken.

Would have interesting dynamics with fast lights rushing in to sneak a few seconds here and there while main forces rotate around the spot in cover trying to wipe each other while still watching center.

Hey maybe it wouldn't be so great after all but worth a shot and would be fairer than what we have now.

#12 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

From April changelog:
"Alpine Peaks Domination Beacon Relocation
Our initial adjustment to the Domination Game Mode for Alpine back in December didn't quite hit the mark. In this patch we are making further terrain adjustments for line of sight to the Beacon, along with a change to the Beacon location to improve balance between Team spawns."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users