Moving Config To Tourney Client

2 replies to this topic

#1 NomadicCanuck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hi PGI et al,
Is there an easy way to move the configuration of our regular client to our new client? If so, how much can we move before invalidating the new client? How much works?

For example, can we simply move the ActionMaps and WeaponGroups XML files to the new profile? (i.e. will they work and more importantly, will it get flagged as "modifying" game files?)

Basically two parts...
1. What will work?
2. What is permitted?

Regards,
NomadicCanuck

#2 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:06 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 27 May 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

Load up the MWO Portal.

Right click on the MWO Tournament "box" and you'll see a list of options... click on "Open Save Game Directory".

It'll open up where the Tournament data is stored. Go up a directory (Saved Games) and you should see the MechWarrior Online folder.

You want to copy the structure of the Profiles folder from the regular MechWarrior Online folder (from this location) to the MWO Tournament folder.

That's it.

If you still have the PTS installed (for whatever reason), you can technically do the same for that right there as it is named MWO PublicTest (although, that's just for future reference, as it is useless at the moment).

This works. As far as I can tell, it transfers all settings (resolution, keybindings), including trial mech weapon groupings, but not owned mech weapon groupings, as the mechs are not transferred.

I hope it is allowed.

#3 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

I...would think not to mess with any files in the tourney client.....just take the time to hand build and buy things you want, anything messed with in config files will likely count as an act of hacking.....I would just do it the old fashioned way, I am anyway, as much as I'd like an easy move, it is not going to happen, thus why they gave us so much mullah to throw at everything.

TL/DR

DON'T MESS WITH THE TOURNEY CLIENT......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users