Merc Roadmap

196 replies to this topic

#1 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

As a gesture of goodwill, I am starting this thread to let people know where merc units are going in advance of contract signings. I'm not expecting every unit to reply, but if any of you are interested in helping us filter around the map and making sure we have a better distribution of population, I'll do my part to keep the thread updated weekly withunit tags/next contract posts. To show that my unit is down with this idea, we'll start:

Cbr1 120 pilots, currently house Liao, going to clan wolf Tuesday night.

Hopefully a bunch of us can get together, spread out and maybe fix some of the issues FP has as a community even if the game itself doesn't give us better tools to do it.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:52 PM

The 54MR goes where the games are.

After being in CSJ, and having the worst week possible of FP games (unable to find them), we will essentially be going where the games are at the time. It's less about the contract bonus and more about not being stuck in a dead corner.

Our leadership takes the best option to get us games and contract rewards comes second (for the most part).
Also if we have planets tagged (given we are not super active) we might end up staying another week irrespective of everything else.

So until contract day it is really hard to tell as we don't vote in advance. Wish I could advise more as this isn't too bad of an idea

#3 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:20 AM

I see MS went to smoke Jaguar. Another small population gets a good, active boost. o7 on the choice, MS.

#4 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:28 AM

Thanks! We will stay for 7 days.

#5 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

I get where you are going with this CC and I give it a big thumbs up.

Hopefully other units will set aside the tinfoil hat and look at it as a chance to setup an active FP rather than everyone ending up in on or two factions and having no games to play. I would like to see the unit leaderships layout their intentions and then adjust to provide a more balanced population, rather than wait until the Tuesday and go by the "snapshot" population balance in the faction play tab.

A little communication and self policing will go a long way to provide an active and competitive environment for everyone to play in.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 31 May 2016 - 01:25 PM.

#6 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:31 PM

We staying Steiner then?

Agree with Pug, good idea CC.

#7 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 31 May 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

We staying Steiner then?

I guess we are, still got the blue fist of doom ;)

#8 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:31 PM

Just go opposite of -MS- ... Problem solved.

#9 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 31 May 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Just go opposite of -MS- ... Problem solved.

That's all well and good but since every unit changes contract at the same time, without some communication or delaying the acceptance of a contract to see where another unit goes it is going to be hit or miss. This thread or some similar form of communication could help alleviate the "waitwarrior online' ™ that we could end up suffering and improve the competitiveness of the games by spreading out the skillbase as well.

It's good to see some proactive and positive action to address the population balance, even though it relies on the players doing it.

#10 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

There is a 30% bonus to come to Marik. Just saying ;)

#11 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:10 PM

While a 30% bonus is good for space bucks, 0 games = 0 space bucks, add 30% to that on top and you still get 0 space bucks.

#12 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 31 May 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

There is a 30% bonus to come to Marik. Just saying ;)

TBH this is part of the problem.

If every unit command were to take new contracts at the same time, based upon the contract rewards (which are driven by population balance snapshots) they would all end up in Marik. Then we have a huge population imbalance and a bunch of unhappy players, some because they can't get a game and others because they think it's a grand conspiracy.

IMO the best course of action is for the merc. units to actually police their movement themselves and talk to each other, whether here or in private doesn't matter but the communication is needed.

#13 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:29 AM

Back when I cared about FP ... I decided to delay / slow the contract change to see where other units were going to go. NS should be in Kurita 80% of the time but generally at this point we will go where the fights are consistent.

That was back when I cared before I felt like FP had become a completely failed and generally useless game mode.

#14 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 01 June 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Back when I cared about FP ... I decided to delay / slow the contract change to see where other units were going to go. NS should be in Kurita 80% of the time but generally at this point we will go where the fights are consistent.

That was back when I cared before I felt like FP had become a completely failed and generally useless game mode.
I kind of agree with you, but call me an optimist but I want FP to not be a failed mode. That's why I started the thread; maybe if the population is spread better there will be more matches, more people will drop and we can save it. I know it's corny but I'll use whatever I can to try and get it fixed closer to what we all hoped it would be.

#15 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

Nice Idea. Kell's Commandos just resigned with Clan Jade Falcon, and as far as I know, we plan on continuing to do so for the immediate future. Like being loyalists, only with the option to go elsewhere should the Steiner front dry up. Oh and with the option for garnering LP for those who already hit twenty with the Falcons. I'm sure someone'll let ya'll know should this change.

Oh. P.S. I do not speak in an official capacity for KCom, just lettin' ya'll know what the scuttlebutt is.

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 01 June 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#16 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:53 AM

We're currently in the process of voting for Tuesday's new contract so I'll post where we are going on monday, a day ahead of time. We have learned that not enough of us have fully functioning clan decks so our results in wolf have been either close win or hilariously one sided butt whooping but it's been fun over here so far. Although next clan contract we are going to go wherever kcom and evil are and just copy the **** out of what you guys do because I'm willing to admit that we aren't good enough in clan mechs yet and shamelessly copying the best is something that just makes sense. :)

#17 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

View Postccrider, on 04 June 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

. We have learned that not enough of us have fully functioning clan decks so our results in wolf have been either close win or hilariously one sided butt whooping but it's been fun over here so far :)

I was in an "interesting" drop against a few of your guys, while grouped with a few of our guys..... it was a little one sided. I was asking after you...... how are the pups, that kind of thing ;)

and remember, imitation is a form of flattery :D

As for contracts, I just go where the boss decides....then shoot stuff. Nothing fancy, i'm too long in the tooth for that. You never know, I might actually get to drop WITH your lads...it would make a noice change.

#18 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

Praetorian Legion is following the Money,......................Posted Image We see who is paying the most when our contract is up.

#19 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

Leone is correct, KCom anticipates staying CJF for quite sometime unless the matches dry up.

#20 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

Not that it matters much as ARMD only has a handful of active CW players but we will be staying Davion for the foreseeable future.

Edited by slide, 04 June 2016 - 04:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users