4 replies to this topic

#1 NguTron

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 31 May 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Just a FYI, we will be a little more lienient for matches happening in the first 2 weeks of the tournament. If you are a couple days late with your result posts, we will accept them.

After the first 2 weeks are complete, we ask that you do your best to post your results prior to the Sunday (midnight) of the week the match was officially scheduled.

p.s. Thanks again for posting your planned matches here.

My question is, does the leniency only apply to posting match results, or are we allowed to play the matched after the date as well? I'd like an answer soon, as I'm trying to reschedule a match for Thursday (June 2nd) to next Tuesday, (June 7th) and I am unsure if this is against the rules, or covered by the leniency.

#2 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:38 AM

i would expect general leniency here, but this is just my personal opinion, For resheduled matches the important part is that both teams agree/submit screenshots. if both teams upload i dont see much incentive for PGI to check the actuall played day for week 1-2 ( my assumption is that teams might need a bit more time to get in contact with teams for resheduling), I will try to get clarification on that.

#3 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:37 AM

Example:

Match is scheduled for June 2nd. You can work with your opponent to schedule the match out to a maximum of June 18th.

This only impacts the first 2 match weeks, so week 3 matches will need to be done by that Sunday or earlier.

Hopefully this will provide a little leniency in the first few weeks.

BOTH TEAM CAPTAINS MUST POST IN THIS THREAD BEFORE THE OFFICIAL DAY TO INDICATE THE FORWARD SCHEDULE DATES. This is to prevent SHENANIGANS.

http://mwomercs.com/...-match-results/

#4 NguTron

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostBanditB17, on 02 June 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

Example:

Match is scheduled for June 2nd. You can work with your opponent to schedule the match out to a maximum of June 18th.

This only impacts the first 2 match weeks, so week 3 matches will need to be done by that Sunday or earlier.

Hopefully this will provide a little leniency in the first few weeks.

BOTH TEAM CAPTAINS MUST POST IN THIS THREAD BEFORE THE OFFICIAL DAY TO INDICATE THE FORWARD SCHEDULE DATES. This is to prevent SHENANIGANS.

http://mwomercs.com/...-match-results/

Thank you BanditB17, This is what I thought as well, but I was worried because there's a discrepancy between the act of Playing a match and reporting a result. The wording is confusing because there's nothing explicitly mentioning playing the game. Only posting a result.

The other worry was Paul's implication of "a couple days late with your result posts", could be interpreted as "matches reported a couple days (1-4?) after the match date would be fine, as opposed to "Matches can be played and reported up to two weeks after the originally scheduled Sunday for games within the first two weeks."

#5 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

Yes, matches can be played after the Sunday for the first two weeks of the tournament. We know the first two weeks will be rough and will be monitoring result submissions to verify that teams will be able to play matches a little later than normal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users