Range Module

2 replies to this topic

#1 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

I understand modules are being removed. I have a question that does not relate to that.

I was just wondering about one aspect of range increase modules: do they only extend your maximum range or do they also increase optimal range?

Say optimal range is 100 meters, maximum range is 200 meters and I add a 10% range increase.

I understand that my maximum range is now 220 meters - but is my optimal range now 110 meters or still 100 meters?

Thank you in advance for clarifying this for me.

#2 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

When you are in your mech and in a match, the Range displayed in the Weapons section lower right is your Optimal Range, afaik. It doesn't show maximum. When you put a +10% Range module on the mech, you see those numbers go up by 10%, which is directly showing you an increase in Optimal range.

In your example, your Optimal should now show 110 metres in match.

(You can also see this info in the Testing grounds iirc)

Edited by MadBadger, 01 May 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostAkhri Mala, on 01 May 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

I understand modules are being removed. I have a question that does not relate to that.

I was just wondering about one aspect of range increase modules: do they only extend your maximum range or do they also increase optimal range?

Say optimal range is 100 meters, maximum range is 200 meters and I add a 10% range increase.

I understand that my maximum range is now 220 meters - but is my optimal range now 110 meters or still 100 meters?

Thank you in advance for clarifying this for me.

As badger said, it's more or less a global buff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users