24 replies to this topic

#21 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 June 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

That's a nice change, and I'm happy to be wrong. When I bout my Centurion Mastery Pack a few years back they used up 3 of my Mech bays.

I have been playing this game for a shitload of time and i never had to have free mechbays to purchase a mastery bundle... seems kinda out of place if you ask me, you might have just sold your mechs without knowledge of the state of mastery bundles

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

Given that I have enough for plenty of choices...it depends on if my opponent is inner sphere or Clan. On if the map is hot, temperate or cold. On whether or not my team is a few heavily organized groups or a band of brigands... though admittedly you can't find that last one out ahead of time unless you are within said group.

I do set the goal of being within 15 tons of the max.

Beyond this... there is a lot of variety and it's hard to narrow.
The problem of having over 190 mechs.

#23 bayoucowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

If you gotta go Mastery Packs

Thunderbolt - 5SS is a dependable IS Heavy (though now less exciting than Black Knights and Grasshoppers)
Griffin - 2N is a great ECM medium - also useful in Vs Clan scouting
Jenner - Oxides are all the bomb right now - especially useful in IS scouting

My current FW deck (but changes frequently) - Warhammer, Black Knight, Grasshopper, Oxide

#24 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:48 AM

my deck which I have been using for most invasion matches I have played this year which can be rather effective is 2 Warhammers a Marauder and a Firestarter.

if I was not allowed to use duplicate chassis I would swap 1 WHM for a Griffin 3M.

for Clans I have been using Jenner IIC, Timber Wolf, Ebon Jaguar, Helbringer, although all those Mechs are no-where near as durable as the IS Mechs, so the IS deck seems far better for me (no doubt some people will disagree).

#25 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

I've narrowed it down to The Stalker for an assault and maybe the Jagermech for a heavy.

Lights....uh...I love 3 of them. The Raven, the Jenner, and the Locust. Over time, I might get all three of them (uh...for the 30 days PT, lol)

Last night I ran with the Golden Foxes (thanks!) and a few of us noticed something. The quad ultra AC 10's I was using on Mjolnir, my KDK-3 was not doing damage. I had teammates who were dead watching me and were also very surprised at the lack of damage I was doing. They saw me just unload on some enemy Mechs for 6-8 shots and at the end, 135 damage. I switched to AC 5's and it was the same thing.

Of the other hand, one guy I was playing late with had a Mauler also with quad ACs and he was doing well and could fire all four at a time. Which I cannot do. So I'm looking forward to adding some IS Mechs with interesting quirks.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 13 June 2016 - 08:22 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users