Hpg

16 replies to this topic

#1 GS Ronin

Rookie

• The Named
  • The Named
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:51 PM

Love this map. No ping issues. Simple Killer map. Love MWO!!
GS Ronin

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

I like the change of the soundeffects from 1pv to 3pv.

Its a cold map so People with hot Mechs prefer it.

I hate Wall sniping - there should be ramps to make Mechs able to climb the outer Walls wo JJs or insane speed.

#3 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:32 AM

invisible walls need reworking, countless times having clear line of sight on mechs and not hitting them because of invisible walls is quite frustrating.

#4 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

Agreed, a very good map. I would love to see another like it in the solo matches, but not involving HPGs. Maybe a moon desert lamdscape?

#5 Ancih

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:01 AM

I wish the outer ring was completly open instead of just where the capture/spawn points are. Also it could benefit from a little variation like a dynamic time of day.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 08 June 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

I like the change of the soundeffects from 1pv to 3pv.

Its a cold map so People with hot Mechs prefer it.

I hate Wall sniping - there should be ramps to make Mechs able to climb the outer Walls wo JJs or insane speed.

I would disagree, when all mechs would be able to climb it, even more wallsniping would happen, it probably would be better to prevent any wallsniping by making any access to the walls impossible.

aside form this, HPG si a great map it has a very fair setup for both sides.

minor issues with some terrain walls being incorrect.

View PostAncih, on 22 June 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

I wish the outer ring was completly open instead of just where the capture/spawn points are. Also it could benefit from a little variation like a dynamic time of day.

I just wonder if this would create too much nascar behavior. But a way that only some lights or JJ emchs could cross the areas would be greta, would allow some tactical approaches for some mechs without deathballing the ring.

Edited by Lily from animove, 22 June 2016 - 03:55 AM.

#7 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

im rather scared that they do something to HPG as they done with frozen city.....
so better dont change anything.
simple and best solution.

#8 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:17 AM

HPG with time of day!

#9 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:20 PM

Relative noob here, but my only issue with HPG is on domination mode. The ability for one team to camp out up top and the other to party in the basement often results in a lot of sitting around. I'd like to see the domination circle require either the top _or_ the basement, but not both - at least when it comes to quick play. Obviously such a problem does not exist in skirmish or assault play.

#10 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:05 AM

This is a good map overall, probably most popular as of right now (whenever it's up as option, it wins).

One suggestion would be to make it a little easier for other mechs (read non-jump jets) to get up on outer walls.

I have been seeing a LOT of sniper fire lately from outside walls, and when you can't get larger mechs up there it's very frustrating.

#11 XTerranite

• Pip
  • The Grizzly
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:31 AM

The walls are fair game for both teams so I see how that can appear fair in general. Problem is on a micro level it is anything but fair. Being forced into the ever popular HPG games constantly on assaults gets really annoying when you have such a high frequency of damage taken by unapproachable enemies; (wall climbers.) Being shot in the back and having zero usable options to prevent or mitigate or end the process once started if in a slow enough mech, can be insanely frustrating. If you happen to be the guy in his crosshairs. Your life sucks and your game is over assuming you are not lucky enough to be close to basement. (assuming you can afford to be in the basement as well.)

The map could also really use a wall going straight cut through this map, ( if we are going to have walls anyhow,) to prevent this crazy common deathball rotation of doom resulting inevitably in the end of an entire charlie lance usually without much more than a few shots fired. I promise you deathball rotations ending in charlie lance down is NOT fun for charlie lance, aka 1/6 of the players. In other words two half circles instead of 1 full circle with the top floor/basement making the center of the half circles. Throw in a door on each side and make the wall stop nearing the center, (basement/top floor,) so topside/basement combat is free movement. King of the hill fun for all and fair chance to reach for both teams.

Bonus: As the wall reaches ground level near the center rise could be a built in ramp granting access to all the walls, without any additional changes being needed.

That's my opinion because I hear a lot of complaints about the deathball crap. I think the same players are turning around and being on the other side next game gobbling up a free charlie lance and moving on unbeknownst the shift in regard toward HPG. Likewise many are playing light/medium/heavies at other times and not affected, again shifting in mental regard toward the situation, (picking the map themselves despite their inevitable future charlie lance frustrations.)
Only way I can make sense of the complaints vs the picks.

Edited by XTerranite, 27 August 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#12 Miles McQuiston

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:56 PM

Wall sniping is a problem because ECM mechanic is a problem. ECM should significantly slow LRM locks (7-10 seconds), but not make the mech invisible to sensors. What you see on the walls is spider, cheetahs, and Shadowcats. They all have one thing in common and that is ECM. All other mechs are driven off the wall with just a few LRM volleys. Don't confuse a map problem with an ECM problem. Change ECM to a LRM countering mechanism instead of a cloaking device and problem is solved. ECM should still allow targets to be locked, but cause missile guidance to be complete garbage thus LRM spread would go to 300%-400% normal. You would score hits, but it would only be a few and scatter over a large area. You could even have LRM be destroyed similar to dual AMS by "LRM running into each other". Under this premise you could even increase the bubble of ECM.

This would reduce ECM lights and Mediums to on par with non-ECM lights and mediums.

If you want cloaking see stealth armor, null signature, void signature, and chameleon light polarization... all of which have not been introduced yet. Oh and by the way all these systems had the the drawback of producing a **** ton of heat. You know somewhere on the order of 50% the heat capacity for a mech per turn(10 heat for everything but CLP 6 heat). Assuming 10 double heat sinks 50% of heat capacity was used up just trying to hide your mech. In addition to that stealth armor and void needed an ECM unit to work. Thus cloaking device had significant drawbacks and took up a bunch of crit space as well. Oh and one crit hit on the system completely disabled it. How many DUAL ERPPC snipers mediums/lights would there be if they could only fire one maybe two shots before a several turn cool down. As it stands now ECM in MWO performs better than these systems did in TT without any heat production for 1-1.5 tons.

Fix it.

Edited by Miles McQuiston, 11 September 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#13 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

Wall snipers for me are only a problem when your team ignores them.

Had a clan mate and myself up on the wall in 4 Large Pulse Laser Warhawks.

Perhaps not the smartest thing to do, but I like to experiment.
That game worked like a charm
thou I doubt it would work with a hi quality enemy

#14 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:10 AM

View PostMiles McQuiston, on 11 September 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Wall sniping is a problem because ECM mechanic is a problem. ECM should significantly slow LRM locks (7-10 seconds), but not make the mech invisible to sensors. What you see on the walls is spider, cheetahs, and Shadowcats.

What you see is what you hit. If your team consists only of LRM noobs - that happens, deal with it. If it's brawling only - same. Every other loadout and the snipers are no problem.

#15 Damoose009

Rookie

• The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:54 PM

Why doesn't Piranha games needs to pull they're heads out of their butts and fix this map on domination match by evening the spawn points to have equal distances traveled for reaching the center portion of the map where the domination circle begins.

#16 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

I really don't like the map; it feels like the meta favors nascaring and almost always produces lop-sided results.
The few times one team doesn't roll over the other, it becomes a boring drawn out campfest, because there is much less ability to achieved decisive flanking maneuvers than on other maps.

I've had some really good games on the map, but I really don't enjoy it, especially in skirmish.

#17 Tsar Bomba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:52 PM

This map is so good, it reminds me of 2FORT4 from original Team Fortress.
  • Multiple avenues of attack/defense.
  • Sniping positions.
  • Dominating the central area is a challenge, fun, and reaps a tangible payoff if held.
  • Sub area for sneaking and alternate fights if the top is too hot.
  • Plenty of cover.
  • Both LRM protection areas, and LRM open areas.
My favorite map, easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users