9 replies to this topic

#1 Tolson

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

To PGI/Captains:

If you can win with 7 players or less, you should still keep your victory.
Not get a DQ loss like we did last night. You are clearly a better team.
This should be represented in the playoffs & on the scoreboard.

My Argument:
Our guys have families and jobs. To play 80 games over 3 months,
you can expect many (of the best) teams will have to field 6 and 7
players some nights, and they'll still win just fine.

Reward them for it.
Have the best teams in the playoffs.

Thanks,

42 SmokeJays
Team Captain, NA

#2 coe7

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:00 AM

This topic has been bought up by myself and other comp players several times in forums, reddit and all over the place.

And PGI refuses to budge.

Its absolutely ridiculous that we are not allowed to play with man(s) down.

Only reason I see PGI enforcing 8vs8 is illusion of equality, PGI seems to be afraid that certain teams started to win matches 5vs8 or even 4vs8.

But at the same time, I don' t understand why there is a requirement to play 50 whack-a-mole matches just to reach the 15 opponents that matter.

Edited by coe7, 04 June 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#3 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

It occurred to me that the '8th man' in this scenario only needs to log on, accept an invite, and click ready. They can be AFK the whole time. Their stance that "It has to be 8 vs 8" doesn't really hold water... an AFK or disconnected player is okay, but just starting with 7 isn't? It's ridiculous that you don't even have to play, but you do have to be near a computer with the tournament client installed, just to click two buttons.

#4 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

it does suck, but the tournament has started and it sucks equally for everyone. I don't think by contest rules in most countries they can change something like this now that matches have already been played.

Everyone would say the same thing, even if not true, and we would end up having to do even more matches.

#5 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:19 AM

The Flying Gecko, Abusing an Afk player with 0 dmg, and no movement will get your team removed from the Tournament Pretty damn fast. And Disconnects are NOT OK if they happen during the Loadingscreen. At that point the Referee will restart the match. At the Start of the Match there have to be 8 activly playing mechs vs 8 activly playing mechs.

During the first minute, Teamcaptains can call for an additional restart ( a limited number of times) if something like post loading disconnects/lag pop up. if no dmg has been dealt.

Past 1 minute sadly Disconnects can happen, but allowing restarts there would open up a lot of abuse for that system. like scouting the enemy, almost losing, calling for restart.

#6 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostMcValium, on 06 June 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

The Flying Gecko, Abusing an Afk player with 0 dmg, and no movement will get your team removed from the Tournament Pretty damn fast. And Disconnects are NOT OK if they happen during the Loadingscreen. At that point the Referee will restart the match. At the Start of the Match there have to be 8 activly playing mechs vs 8 activly playing mechs.

During the first minute, Teamcaptains can call for an additional restart ( a limited number of times) if something like post loading disconnects/lag pop up. if no dmg has been dealt.

Past 1 minute sadly Disconnects can happen, but allowing restarts there would open up a lot of abuse for that system. like scouting the enemy, almost losing, calling for restart.

Is there anything in the rules that say you can't have a player be AFK?

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

Most games, if you don't have enough players you can't play. Professional sports are like that. Same kinda is applying here.

However, I don't play competitively in the slightest, and I'm not in the tournament. So... Posted Image

#8 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:10 AM

the flying gecko, being afk is not forbidden, logging in your friends account as an afk on the side to fill your team to 8 people will definatly get you in trouble for fairplay violations in the tournament and possibly account sharing.

#9 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostMcValium, on 08 June 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

the flying gecko, being afk is not forbidden, logging in your friends account as an afk on the side to fill your team to 8 people will definatly get you in trouble for fairplay violations in the tournament and possibly account sharing.

So my point stands, all you need is the tourney client, to accept the invite, and click ready. The match can then proceed as a 7 Vs. 8 while you go and do whatever it is that prevented you from being there in the first place. There's presumably a way you could make those two clicks by proxi with your phone, or get your child/roommate/significant other to do it.

#10 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:07 AM

Professional sports games often require a specific number of players on a team or be forfeit as well. Just sayin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users