Let's Give Pgi Some Props For The Things They Have Done Right For The Tournament.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:13 AM

I downloaded the tournament client a day in advance, and logged in more than 3hrs prior to our first practice on the tourny client in order to go through the painful process of buying and leveling all the mechs I will potentially use.

Lo and behold, every mech you buy is already mastered. Every mech and weapon module comes fully unlocked. It took me less than 15min to get my mechs setup, and I was ready to roll.

Come practice time, I open up my friends list in preparation for sending invites to all the people on my team, but it turns out all 11 other folks are already my friends, AND listed under the unit tab.

PGI may have made some bad decisions regarding the schedule, rules, and general organization, but I feel they did a great job on the tournament client itself. I was fully expecting to have to buy 3 variants of every chassis, use GXP to unlock every skill, and spend at least a couple hours just getting things ready. Was really happy I didn't have to do that.

#2 MT Slayer

Banned-Cheating

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

I would mostly agree - the fact that we needed it out at least 2 weeks PRIOR to the start

#3 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

View PostAresye, on 04 June 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

I downloaded the tournament client a day in advance, and logged in more than 3hrs prior to our first practice on the tourny client in order to go through the painful process of buying and leveling all the mechs I will potentially use.

Lo and behold, every mech you buy is already mastered. Every mech and weapon module comes fully unlocked. It took me less than 15min to get my mechs setup, and I was ready to roll.

Since they said that this would be the case, no leveling required...

I mean, I suppose I can give them props for achieving what they said they would.

And I could give props for FW phase III because it is pretty much what PGI said it would be (though it was somewhat less coherent and the presentation wasn't as pretty).

But I think I would rather wish all of you participating in this endeavor good luck and happy hunting.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

I will give them credit for changing the game mode. Without this I don't think we would have had very much fun.

#5 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

Considering the size of the undertaking, I think they are doing remarkably well. I have been watching the broadcast of some of the matches and after a little bit of a shaky start they have made great improvements to just about every aspect of the stream and the matches have been really interesting. I look forward to more improvements and watching many more matches up to and including the Finals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users