Is It "just The Tournament" Or Has Pgi Gone Full "fortress Piranha", Again?

503 replies to this topic

#501 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 13 June 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

No, I think it is quite the opposite. People on Outreach in particular, tend to not be overly hostile, and many of us have good intentions and really want the game to be great, but there are many underlying reasons why we don't post on the forums. Sure, the salt spills once and a while, particularly after how much phase 3 flopped and how poor balance still is (the FP map should be an indicator of how much Clans have been trashed in recent balance passes). We see no reason to post on the forums because the perception seems to be that we all have ego problems and are always salty when I think it is the opposite. PGI has done enough things to warrant the hostile behavior, just look at how much they messed up with MWOWC and how little feedback they have actually taken from competitive groups and top end FP units as far as balance is concerned. There is also a general feeling that the forums are far too much of an echo chamber of people who think the state of the game is acceptable, when it could be so much better than it is.

One guy says the devs don't post because we are all hostile and send death threats, and then posts something about things happening on reddit rather than here. In turn you proclaim things are fine over there and that you don't post here because you are perceived as salty/hostile/etc. and that you really are not those things even though PGI has done things to warrant the behavior. Lets also not forget you have this "general feeling that the forums are far too much of an echo chamber of people who think the state of the game is acceptable"(which is pretty silly because most around here don't think the state of the game is acceptable) and yet we are told constantly how toxic the forums are and that people understand why the devs don't come here when everyone is constantly attacking them here. I wish you guys could make up your minds on what is what, and by you guys I mean everyone.

I think a lot of us are rather well aware of the problems with this game and that things need to be fixed, but I don't see the point in spending time over at reddit in your own special echo chamber. Bring your thoughts, ideas, and complaints here and stop worrying about being perceived as salty because you will fit right in with the rest of us here.

#502 Paitr aConn

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:53 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 15 June 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

One guy says the devs don't post because we are all hostile and send death threats, and then posts something about things happening on reddit rather than here. In turn you proclaim things are fine over there and that you don't post here because you are perceived as salty/hostile/etc. and that you really are not those things even though PGI has done things to warrant the behavior. Lets also not forget you have this "general feeling that the forums are far too much of an echo chamber of people who think the state of the game is acceptable"(which is pretty silly because most around here don't think the state of the game is acceptable) and yet we are told constantly how toxic the forums are and that people understand why the devs don't come here when everyone is constantly attacking them here. I wish you guys could make up your minds on what is what, and by you guys I mean everyone.

I think a lot of us are rather well aware of the problems with this game and that things need to be fixed, but I don't see the point in spending time over at reddit in your own special echo chamber. Bring your thoughts, ideas, and complaints here and stop worrying about being perceived as salty because you will fit right in with the rest of us here.

Some of us are rational and understand human behavior, and others demand PGI do exactly what THeY think pgi should do. The second group of people need to accept things for what they are, not what they wish they were.

#503 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:56 PM

View PostStone Davion, on 15 June 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Some of us are rational and understand human behavior, and others demand PGI do exactly what THeY think pgi should do. The second group of people need to accept things for what they are, not what they wish they were.

if they possessed that level of self awareness, members of the second group wouldn't be in the second group to begin with.
Posted Image

#504 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 June 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

if they possessed that level of self awareness, members of the second group wouldn't be in the second group to begin with.
Posted Image

You could say that gif... Posted Image ...is mind blowing.

YEAH!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users