Domination Point

13 replies to this topic

#1 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

The domination point favours one side more than the other. In my oppinion it boils down to whoever takes the cover at E6 first has the best chances of controlling the match. And that general vincinity is easier to acces from the eastern drop zone. the northern drop team has to be fast and aggressive to get a position where they can begin to dominate the match, otherwise it is literally a uphill battle for northern drop.

#2 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

Agree. Needs to be shifted, or more cover added for the one side (E4).

Another thing you can do is swing the starting positions around counter-clockwise about 1hr should give boths sides similar cover, but this will push the fight to the F5/E6 corner.

#3 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:24 PM

I agree with this post. This map really is unbalanced in the domination mode. Every time I play it one team has a head start of about 30 seconds before we can even get to the zone. I wonder if PGI even plays these maps before they throw them out there.

#4 Walsung

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

Domination on this map blows chunks and for some reason 9 out of 10 of my drops for domination Grim are on the suck side. I basically suicide my mech and move on because it is a waste of my time.

#5 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

Again like Alpine peaks the domination point on this map favors the side with the most cover. The one side has only one area inside the zone with minor cover. It is very easy to ambush the light for the other team in the small valley point knowing that. Both sides should start with equal cover. Not one side with buildings and a hill cut off line and the other side one small ravine valley that light can easily be sniped in that tries in vain to control the cap point.

#6 Mr T

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

Seriously, domination on this map is garbage.

#7 Leonidas the First

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:30 AM

The one side has full cover, which is better than the other side to begin with, in the circle and the other side only has cover in the circle behind the two small cube shaped structures. This forces fast movers on the poor side to run behind the cubes and hide. Providing any cover fire for the units hidden there only works for a short time since the other side has superior cover to the point that they can attack those units hidden behind the cubes with cover fire from superior cover. Unless that team get stupid and over aggressive the team on the poor side must push up one side or the other.

#8 scadateck

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 55 posts
  • LocationIn the NOC

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

Add my vote for revising the domination point on Grim Plexus. Seriously dysfunctional Mode + Map combo.

Edited by scadateck, 10 July 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#9 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

And one year later and the domination point is still where it was. You would think it wouldn't be that much of an afford to change it. Oh yes my bad too busy making mechpacks..(ok also the new weapontoys for us..but still)

#10 Mastercheeze

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

I know it costs pgi like a million a map(they make a diorama of every map before digitizing) . with that in mind, I don't know how this map mode is an oversight of balance. Stated earlier though in another post, this map is absolutely unbalanced for one side. The circle needs to be moved or more cover added.

#11 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

[removed by user]

Edited by Throe, 05 October 2023 - 11:25 AM.

#12 Mastercheeze

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

View PostThroe, on 14 February 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

I know PGI tracks demographic information for maps per game mode. I bet they can tell you how often each side wins on any given configuration.

I'd guess that by looking at their numbers, this map has balanced out by now, since, in my experience, players tend to be highly aggressive when they're on the north side drop, which is the way to win this when in that situation. I've seen it many times on this map, from both sides. The south side drop has the time to be cautious, but caution doesn't win MWO matches.

Why dont they share that info?

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostThroe, on 14 February 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

I know PGI tracks demographic information for maps per game mode. I bet they can tell you how often each side wins on any given configuration.

I'd guess that by looking at their numbers, this map has balanced out by now, since, in my experience, players tend to be highly aggressive when they're on the north side drop, which is the way to win this when in that situation. I've seen it many times on this map, from both sides. The south side drop has the time to be cautious, but caution doesn't win MWO matches.

MWO favors the bold, just not entirely Leroy Jenkins assaults. Inactivity=Death.

#14 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

I know I'm a little late to the party, but as long as you don't end up the only person behind those buildings with no support, the north side wins 9 times out of 10 in my experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users