Limit Fps At End Of Round Stats Screen

No replies to this topic

#1 KrewKiller

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

TL;DR: Stats screen doesn't have a rate limit, FPS jump to max, power usage maxes, GPU taxed for a static screen.

This is my first week playing MWO, but I've noticed something...

When a round finishes, in Clan matches, you are either listening to the sounds of victory or watching your last team mate's fall in a rotating 3rd person camera.

Then comes the stats and points screen including the tab that shows the team stats.

It's during stats screen I hear the fans on my graphics card kick into high gear despite them being calm while running and pew-pewing during the round.

Since this screen is practically static, nothing holds my graphics card back from rendering this simple scene to it's full potential. My FPS jump to an epic 120+.

Essentially, the stats screen turns my GPU into an electric space heater and the fans kick in to compensate, wasting electricity and sucking life force from my GPU. :D As a noob I scan these screen for info and the same time cringing while my graphics card pays the cost of dallying on this screen.

:D

As I wrote this I thought beyond my own issue, to the 24(12v12) people whose GPU have also turned into electric space heaters, e.g. converting electricity to heat. Now multiply this by games played and avg time spent on stats screen.... I'm sure there's green argument to be made here, but in the end it's just waste spent on a static screen.

Besides... Think of the poor inconvenienced electrons working extra hard at nothing.

Posted Image Posted Image

or maybe I'm the only one? Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users