14 replies to this topic

#1 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:55 AM

After testing a few builds, I think that this is the best atlas build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe4fb3bda71e638

Its ability to compete at long ranges is unparalleled, and the 18 heat sinks keep it cool while utilizing its PPCs. Because this build doesn't have an ECM wasting space, it can hold a large amount of missile tubes, which are the Atlases most effective weapon. It has a variety of Long range missile launchers in order to achieve continuous fire, and its 8 tons of ammo all conveniently located in the Right torso will ensure that it does not run dry early in the fight. Because light mechs are so dangerous to the atlas, the build utilizes a 50/50 armor ratio in order to prevent it from being cored in the rear. In order to play this build optimally, you would sit in the rear of the fight, preferably 700-900 meters away from your team, and wait for the light mechs to get locks for you. Once you get the locks, let the LRM rain commence. If you are attacked, feel free to run away and re position farther from the enemy. Your rear armor will protect you from any medium or light mechs coming to attack you. If you run dry, or a light mech manages to close the distance, you have two machine guns to protect you. Make sure you avoid taking damage. You have to protect yourself so that you can continue to give LRM support to your team.

Edited by Kimberm1911, 11 June 2016 - 09:38 AM.

#2 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

Oh that build, what a masterpiece... Posted Image Sad that they are really out there..

Edited by PlzDie, 11 June 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

hah I remember once spectating a guy with an AS7-D-DC with no ECM, 2xLRM20, and 2xML. Nothing else. I threw up in my mouth, just a little.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 June 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

hah I remember once spectating a guy with an AS7-D-DC with no ECM, 2xLRM20, and 2xML. Nothing else. I threw up in my mouth, just a little.

Just a little? I'm actually disappointed.

#5 BlueFlames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:51 AM

I once saw something akin to this ghastly build on Mining Collective. I'm ashamed to say that I let the it get away with dealing 101 damage to my team, before I smashed the mech.

I'm also probably giving the mech's owner way more credit than is deserved in replicating the build. The pilot didn't torso twist at all, so I rather doubt that the ammo would be side-loaded and crit-padded or that the armor would be asymmetric in an effort to reduce the chance of an ammo explosion.

I do hope that the pilot learned not to bring LRMs to a UAC20 fight.

#6 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

"Friends don't let friends drive an Atlas wilt XL LRMs* ".

Seriously an AS7 with out an AC20 and / or SRMs is a waste of an Assault Mech. If you wish to drive a "LRM Atlas", please consider something like this AS7-S, or AS7-D-DC, that is not completely useless under 100m.

Even then both LRM bulds are inferior to an AC20 + 18-24 SRM with Artemis builds.

#7 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:39 PM

So...I read this post earlier today and thought that really the build must be a new guy. I know, I have only played for a couple of months. Never had the total LRM bug but like balanced all-range builds. Still do but becoming more in line with meta all the time. That being said the builds you guys shared seemed really bad until tonight.......

I got a really unlucky break and got overconfident and got killed early. Then I spectate a Zeus 9S....He had to be rocking max armor and something like a STD 360ish... He only had 2 large lasers on his load-out. How does that even happen? Now he did last quite awhile but it was hard to watch. One thing I guess that he had going was that he had no heat issues. Reminded me of this post and I had to share.

#8 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:30 AM

I really can't tell if this is supposed to be a serious build or of this guy is trolling....

Either way you forgot ammo for your Machine Guns.

#9 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

This build is very usable. You probably don't see it often because you don't play in tier 1-2, but it's used all the time in comp play. I left out the machine gun ammo because you don't really need it. The machine guns are there to scare lights, not necessarily do damage. If you wanted you could drop a ton of LRM ammo, or a heatsink, to add ammo for the MG's. Otherwise, I think this is an excellent build. If I were you, I would try the build before you say anything else negative. I've frequently had 200-250 damage matches in this mech, and often I can get the kill shot if one of my buddies has opened up the enemies CT. Overall the name of the game for this mech is hiding. You have tonnes of armor, but you have to make sure that you don't take damage so you can survive longer. This usually means allowing the lights and mediums to take damage for you in the match, so that you can make that LURM rain come.

Edited by Kimberm1911, 15 June 2016 - 07:20 PM.

#10 JSmith7784

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

I would imagine you'd see this build often in tier 6-7 matches and would probably do well if the entire enemy team disconnected at the same time.

#11 his own tiny nuts

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:51 AM

I would personally run that mech differently. You may find, as I have, the Atlas is vastly more enjoyable in close quarters combat with a loadout that suits that role. For example, running a three srm6 Artemis, AC20, and mpl equipped ddc with ecm and beagle is very enjoyable, and breaking 400 damage with one or more kills is commonplace

Ok

#12 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

Let's kill this thread for good. I was trolling. End thread.

#13 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:01 AM

Well, i think you did not use the full potential in your design. The PPC in the right arm also should be an ER-PPC to make full use of the range advantage when hill sniping from your flexible hips.

NEVER stop trolling!

#14 A_Velociraptor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

View Posthis own tiny nuts, on 01 July 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

I would personally run that mech differently. You may find, as I have, the Atlas is vastly more enjoyable in close quarters combat with a loadout that suits that role. For example, running a three srm6 Artemis, AC20, and mpl equipped ddc with ecm and beagle is very enjoyable, and breaking 400 damage with one or more kills is commonplace

Ok

I Have an AS7-S with 4x SRM6+Art AC/20 and 2 ML and I consistently break 600 damage. But I have a K build that might work as I like playing underused variants of popular chassis and here it is.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...34b4093b9295e3a

Don't know if it will be good or not as I have not tried this out myself but the LRM 15 there is to give it some sort of ranged option on maps like polar with artemis to make up tonnage an slots. AC/20 cause atlas and MPL cause brawl. Might be a little low on heatsinks but eh whatever.

#15 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostKimberm1911, on 11 June 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

After testing a few builds, I think that this is the best atlas build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe4fb3bda71e638

Absolute inferior loadout. errybody knows that you need an XL in your atlas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users