- - - - -

Love The Catapult Mech

10 replies to this topic

#1 Raelian Solaris

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

I love everything about the Catapult Mech. When I just read about the CPLT-BB ButterBee, used by MechWarrior Jenny Templeton, I gotta talk about it. What forum do I go to do that?

#2 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

Normally for experienced players that would be the General Discussion area of the forums. New players and posters are segregated from that area by default until a certain number of games/posts have been met. (Don't remember the exact point, it's been a while for me)

Until that point, this would be an acceptable secondary place to post your enthusiasm and glad you feel that way for this chassis. It was mine too back when the game first began and I too am happy for its resizing and remodeling to improve its performance in the modern virtual battlefields. :)

#3 SkavenDC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWith the Golden Foxes

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

I really enjoy my Jester I just bought during the last sale, but I fell as though it is missing something.

I think PGI is getting ready to give it was it was missing.

#4 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:30 AM

To each his own. The Catapult is one of the mechs I just really didn't like and I sold off all 3 variants I owned after Mastering them (gotta give them a fair shake!).

I must say though that the upcoming resize will probably help the mech immensely!

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:59 AM

I think you'll like them even more in 8 days. I'm excited to get mine back out (and maybe pick up a Butterbee)

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:29 PM

This will be my first "resizing" and this Mech is going to be improved and I heard that there will be others.

Except for the new Mechs like my Kodiaks which will still be the biggest target in the game

Posted Image

I have to say this. Tonight, a bigger Mech and my Kit Fox got stuck in about the same place and if we did not have jump jets, we would have been in trouble.

I think the new Catapult is a smaller, more nimble and harder to hit Mech.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 13 June 2016 - 09:34 PM.

#7 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:53 PM

View PostRaelian Solaris, on 12 June 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

I love everything about the Catapult Mech. When I just read about the CPLT-BB ButterBee, used by MechWarrior Jenny Templeton, I gotta talk about it. What forum do I go to do that?

First, WELCOME TO MWO! Glad you could make it!

So, Catapult isn't a BAD first mech, to be honest. If you're looking for a way to spend that big Cadet bonus, you can do a lot worse. And if you want to spend REAL $$$ on the F2P game, the Catapult Mastery Bundle is a pretty sweet deal. It includes:

CPLT-Jester hero mech: All-energy weapon loadout, jump jets, BIG max engine for a FAST heavy, dual-AMS. It's actually a pretty good mech in the current meta game. Not FANTASTIC, but GOOD. And with the rescale coming next week, it might be getting even better!

CPLT-A1(C) champion mech: Not the BEST loadout, but you could do worse. No worries, though, since you can alter it to fit your likes/dislikes. The stock XL 255 engine is a little slow, but it could be worse. It's a missile boat, and it tries to do BOTH LRMs and SRMs. You can feel free to throw all LRMs or SRMs into it, though. The latter, aka 'SplatCat', used to be one FEARSOME mech a couple years ago. Six SRM-6s, means 36 missiles at 2.15 damage each. Calculator says: "BRUTAL". Really. That's what it says.

CPLT-K2 standard mech: Ks was also fearsome back in the day. It was maybe the first dual-Gauss capable mech out there. It could also do the AC/20, which is pretty brutal on its own for a 65-tonner with backup weapons. Well, WAS back in 2013 anyway. Word is, with the changes to the CPLT's geometry, the ballistic mounts in the side torsos are going to get raised to around cockpit level. That should be pretty wicked. It CAN be equipped with dual PPCs and dual AC/5s, and that's a mid-range monster for the 65-ton heavies.

Now, the CPLT-C1 and -C4 are just Butterbee Light. They mix torso-mounted E hard points with arm-mounted M hard points, but the Butterbee will give you the MOST of each. If you MUST go Cbills for CPLTs other than BB, then I'd recommend going to the K2 and A1. The Butterbee will give you all of what either C1 or C4 can, and you only need to own THREE variants. Any more, in the case of the Catapult, would be unnecessarily redundant. The K1 gives you 4 of the Jester's 6 E hard points, but none of its JJs or increased engine capacity. Jester is probably STILL worth owning. And if IRL $$$ is no problem, then maybe get the Mastery Bundle AND the Butterbee.

Clear as mud? ;)

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:44 AM

View PostTercieI, on 13 June 2016 - 03:59 AM, said:

I think you'll like them even more in 8 days. I'm excited to get mine back out (and maybe pick up a Butterbee)

You stopped playing it?? Shame! Jester is my most played IS mech :) Been going strong and non-stop as one of my goto mechs for 2+ years now..

#9 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:46 AM

I already run away screaming like a little girl against a Splatcat or Monpax in a K2, and now, I will redouble my urge!!! Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

The C1 Catapult saved the game for me 11 months ago. I'll always love the Catapult. Two of my three most-dropped-in mechs are Catapults. The Jester and the A1(C) packing 2xALRM15 and 4xSSRM2.

I'll buy the Butterbee on Day 1.

Edited by Chados, 15 June 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostSister RAbbi, on 13 June 2016 - 09:53 PM, said:

Six SRM-6s, means 36 missiles at 2.15 damage each. Calculator says: "BRUTAL". Really. That's what it says.

Edited by Koniving, 15 June 2016 - 04:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users