7 replies to this topic

#1 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

This is just my opinion on how this game/PGI could have really generated hype for the game. While i dont thing the tournament is a bad thing. It just seems as though it is to long, is mainly for established players and does little to bring new players in.

My thoughts were rather than one big 100k+ tournament, that it be a monthly thing. All matches played the last weekend of the month grinded out over Sat and Sun.

$8000 payout. $10 per person entry (8 players w/ 2 subs) 20 teams max. Or pay a yearly fee that lets you play until you win and get some goodies with it (maybe camo, and some cockpit items). if more than 20 teams enter, the ones who didnt get picked for that month move to the top of the list for the next.

Payout to 1st place only. Players on winning team are not eligible to register again for a to be determined amount time, unless you are a sub who did not actually get to compete.

Maybe not exactly like I described as it was just a moment of thought. Maybe every other week if there is lots of interest, and the revenue is generated to support. But that 100k plus entry fees could have supported this year a long time to come. And maybe pull in players from other games in hopes of an attainable payday.

thx for your time

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:53 AM

I agree that a more periodic comp with an annual highlight would be better.

They should have sponsored and expanded MRBC, frankly, rather than trying to go it alone.

#3 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

I still think mechwarrior should have nothing to do with esport.

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 13 June 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

Same here. At least not without Solaris implemented.

#5 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:05 AM

ok, I'll bite. What do private match tournaments have to do with your regular game play?

#6 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,579 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

Seasons make more sense than monthly tournaments, gives time for more matches to be played as well as potential for off month or so.

#7 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

Same here. Corporate time and effort spent toward this doesn't go toward PvE, SinglePlayer Campaigns, more involved missions, maps, gameplay modes, Co-op Campaigns. Etc.

That's how esports detracts from the franchise.

It gets harder and harder to tell this game apart from World of Tanks, Battleborn, Dreadnought, FracturedSpace, Overwatch, Doom, Call of Duty, Battlefield, World of Warships, etc etc etc ..............

Getting harder to log in and do the same old same old deathmatch ad nauseum in different looking avatars. In fact I haven't logged a match here in months.

Edited by Hillslam, 15 June 2016 - 04:32 PM.

#8 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Agree. PGI should focus on providing tools that player-organized leagues could use. I'd love to see private lobby templates. Select "MRBC Season 8 Drop 1", and the private lobby client/server checks mech builds and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users