93 replies to this topic

#61 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

Another medium is good. Now, how about that Wasp & Fire Moth?

#62 Ghost-Wolf

• PipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

Yessss! That´s my alltime Favourite ! Thank you for having such a good taste and here´s my money. (And I want to make this clear: Nobody HAS TO buy it. You will get it with C Bills one day!) But I Want it earlier and so I Give my Money. I am one of the crazy guys to give money to keep this game running. ;-)

#63 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

This is actually pretty good for me, since I don't run Clans - I'm going to be moving around September, so this run of Clam Mechs will actually let me save some money.

#64 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostTercieI, on 13 June 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

Lore, schmore. Show me hardpoints. Posted Image

6x energy, 3x ballistic (lbx2 plus 2x anti-personnel pods*), 2x missile.

#65 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

Thanks PGI, I'll take 20!

Given the hard point diversity on the Huntsman I'm sure I can find a workable roll for all 20.

#66 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 June 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

2 filthy clan mechs in a row.

Disgusting. It should've been the Scorpion damn it! (The Goliath would've been fine too)
+1

The Quad "Quadrupedal Mech" Pack:
Snow Fox (Light)
Scorpion (Medium)
Fire Scorpion (Heavy)
Xanthos (Assault)

PGI PLZ.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 13 June 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#67 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:29 PM

Wow, so much hate for another mech released! Don't want it - don't buy it. Mechs is something PGI is making money on, no mechs - no MWO!

Considering Huntsman: bravo! Alex did another wonderfull mech and looks like modellers did it too!
Can't wait for the next Alex's concept (Linebacker presumably - only heavy omnis left)!

Wonder what will be the hero variant loadout. Canon Huntsman N of Star Captain Calvin Deleportas have ER PPC, ERLL and an ATM-6 with Heavy ML

Edited by AngrySpartan, 13 June 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#68 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

http://xor-90.devian...ri-Nin-70085176

http://www.sarna.net...man_(Nobori-nin)

More 1 my Griffin killl :D New more IS mech plz. PLz fix arms Victor plz plz

#69 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:52 PM

View Postno one, on 13 June 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

So it's give or take
81 kph
6 energy, 2 missile, 1 ballistic
5 jump
endo+ferro
2x A-Pods (Which will be removed or replaced. Coding a new weapons system is not something I see PGI doing.)

So it will be good, I guess? Meh.

[OffTopic]

(...)

Which works logically only if the money is a magical fuel PGI burns to produce results. Or that a reasonable portion of it is going to pay for competent programmers. Or that the oversight of the game's direction and development as a whole isn't left to people whose oversight led to some of the things we have now.

Please explain how people having different visions of something leads to a complete lack of vision on PGI's part?

That's more a reflection of their lack of business savvy and imagination than anything. There's plenty of things PGI could be monetizing without going P2W which they aren't doing, or do badly. There's tons more I could say here or above but. . . MEH.

[/OffTopic]

1.) Money is no magical fuel.
You need it, however, if you want to employ people to do work for you (even if you are dissatisfied with the result; thats a different story).

2.) I have no explanation for the lack of PGI vision.
On the other hand, I do not know if they have one and simply do not share it with us.
*Shrugs*

3.) Since you don't want to point out your ideas how PGI could make money, so won't I. Posted Image

Btw, thanks for the reminder that I have forgotten to mark this part of the thread as "off topic".
Will try to remeber that next time, or better yet, not post off topic. :-/

Regarding the Huntsman:
I will wait and see what PGI has to offer.
I do not care about the A-Pods, as we do not have Infantry of any sort atm, anyway.
(Same as with machineguns and flamers, though I like what PGI has done to make them usefull against mechs, too.)
Mechs like the Turkina will have the same "problem" as the Huntsman here, so... Meh.

View PostVorpalValedictus, on 13 June 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Where is the money going? From the revenue that the whales here generate, you'd think PGI would invest some into hiring coders..people who can actually work on the core game. You invest in new maps, game modes, etc to make a more attractive and cohesive package which in turn attracts more players--who in turn buy packs while instilling confidence in the existing player base and convincing them to further fund a great game.

I mean there aren't many excuses. A lot of the work that needs to be implemented into MWO has already been done by the community. Example: NBT is pretty much CW, MRBC is the tournament mode, for christ's sake cry-engine released a new engine FOR FREE.

I feel like PGI is taking advantage of the people who are true battletech fans, milking them without attempting to even reach out to a player base that doesn't have much battletech knowledge (steam launch was a pathetic effort).

It's such a shame. The gameplay itself is awesome, the lore is supremely rich.. PGI is wasting 80% of the potential of the battletech universe.

Without having exact numbers (how much money does PGI make, and how? - How much money does PGI spend, where, on whom and how?) I have no way of telling, so I won't.

Regarding the new free cry-engine:
If the switching of the engine does not require any (or only minimal) work, I do agree with you.

I also agree with you about Steam: back then I posted somewhere that "the poeple who care about Mechwarrior are already here."
I have no idea if PGI gained any new (paying) customers, though, so I find myself unable to judge.

Oh, and I am uncertain if a pure multi-player-game could really dig into the lore as deep as a Sinngle-player game could.
I guess the upcomming turn based strategy-game "Battletech" with its single-player campaings has a much better starting-point, here.

[/OffTopic]

[OnTopic]
Nice artwork of the Huntsman, btw. Posted Image
[/OnTopic]

#70 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostVorpalValedictus, on 13 June 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

There are NUMEROUS bug fixes to attend to. There are little organizational things in the UI that can be fixed. Lore should be implemented. All CW3 is are the previous versions except now you can gain MC--oh great, so wonderful. It still has no other meaning..the different factions don't have their own unique flavors.

All one has to do is trawl through the "suggestions" forum to find a LOT of gems that can be easily implemented..I'm not even talking about the major coding changes/additions that need to happen. For a game that has been out for ~4 years, it certainly doesn't come across as a game that has been out for that long.

So again, fire the guys who make mechs to hire more people to fix more bugs? Implement lore how? And please explain how they should keep up their cash flow with no new mechs to buy.

#71 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:20 PM

Awesome! You will get my $20 atleast....

Also ignore the idiots complaining about another mech....seriously unless they are willing to fund all the changes or even a single change by themselves, they just need to put a sock in it (preferably a nice used gym sock!)

Mechs = money/income = more content (maps,features, fixes,improvements,ect.)

#72 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 13 June 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yeah let's stop buying mechs so they go out of business!! That will teach them to fix stuff and stop trying to make money!!!

PS: Maybe actually learn before you speak? They're working tweaking Assault mode for one. Also, should they just make massive changes and see what happens or test before they do? BTW, add what exactly? I said exactly, so if you plan to say new "stuff", don't waste your time.

The only one here who should be shutting up is you. It's pretty obvious that you are clueless about just how little effort has been put into making MWO a great product. I have played since beta and not one iota has changed as far as the core gameplay is concerned. Map design gets worse and they keep ruining perfectly good maps because a vocal minority (aka you forum warriors who aren't top end players) don't like them and they add pointless crap like dropships to the game which just creates more lag, just because some lore babies want it that way. Meanwhile balance is so far out of whack that it is embarrassing, CW phase 3 fell flat on its rear and the whole game mode was dead within two weeks. We havent had new achievements, no new maps in a few months, no continual tweaks and adjustments to game modes to make them better. I mean, Assault was bad in beta, adding turrets made it less cap warrior, then they remove them because people cried that it took away from the mode. So rather than actually making a true Attack/Defend Assault mode, they made it the same trash it was in beta.

Nothing has changed, nothing has gotten better and nothing has gotten worse aside from balance and the maps that were redesigned.

#73 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Wow, that thing rocks:
8 missile hardpoints and tonnage to actually use them? Check!
9 energy? Check!
Beutifull camos! Done!

Don't like the fact you have to buy the reinforcements and the hero to do that though...

Hitboxes may suck: those big shoulders containing flamer and LRM on the prime supposed to be side torsos.

BTW there must be a typo on the preorder page: 169 armor is definetely less than 9 tons it should carry.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 13 June 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#74 VorpalValedictus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostCK16, on 13 June 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

seriously unless they are willing to fund all the changes or even a single change by themselves, they just need to put a sock in it (preferably a nice used gym sock!)

Mechs = money/income = more content (maps,features, fixes,improvements,ect.)

We HAVE been funding them. Our complaints come from the population who has supported this game for YEARS. LMFAO.. more money has NOT led to significant improvements except for "new mechs" (hooray?)

#75 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

View Postrolly, on 13 June 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

I dunno why they're calling it the "Spirit Cat". If anything the Nova Cat, (the real totem mech) should have been released. Or heck the Grendel. Buy "yay", I guess this is progress.

I'm not sure why they call it Spirit Cat either. The 3058 Technical Readout under the Kodiak listing mentions that Star Captain Caden of the Nova Cats piloted a Mad Dog named Spirit Cat before he gained the only known Kodiak deployed within Clan Nova Cat, which he named Spirit Bear.
Just noticed they changed the name of the hero Huntsman from Spirit Cat to Pakhet sometime between the original PGI post and now.

#76 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 13 June 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

The only one here who should be shutting up is you. It's pretty obvious that you are clueless about just how little effort has been put into making MWO a great product. I have played since beta and not one iota has changed as far as the core gameplay is concerned. Map design gets worse and they keep ruining perfectly good maps because a vocal minority (aka you forum warriors who aren't top end players) don't like them and they add pointless crap like dropships to the game which just creates more lag, just because some lore babies want it that way. Meanwhile balance is so far out of whack that it is embarrassing, CW phase 3 fell flat on its rear and the whole game mode was dead within two weeks. We havent had new achievements, no new maps in a few months, no continual tweaks and adjustments to game modes to make them better. I mean, Assault was bad in beta, adding turrets made it less cap warrior, then they remove them because people cried that it took away from the mode. So rather than actually making a true Attack/Defend Assault mode, they made it the same trash it was in beta.

Nothing has changed, nothing has gotten better and nothing has gotten worse aside from balance and the maps that were redesigned.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the premier expert on gaming, and that the rest of us should STFU and like what you give us.

I also love that Vorpal liked your post when you mocked the addition of lore that he said was missing.

Bottom line: The fact that you say dropships add lag proves you're clueless and just whining.

#77 VorpalValedictus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

Man Nick Makiaveli, if you can honestly tell yourself that you are satisfied with the way this game has been developed over the course of ~4 years, then it is pointless to try to talk reasonably with you.

#78 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostTrashhead, on 13 June 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

So you want PGI to cancel MWO altogether, right?
Because "no money" = "no MWO".

What I've seen happening in this game during years, this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
Despite the amount of € that I've put into it.

#79 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:42 PM

View PostAngrySpartan, on 13 June 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Wow, so much hate for another mech released! Don't want it - don't buy it. Mechs is something PGI is making money on, no mechs - no MWO!

Untrue. No MWO, no money. PGI essentially delivers skins with hardpoints attached. The game itself is in the same stale state it has been abandoned to for months now. Phase 3 was a disaster, Long Tom should never have been introduced in it's current form, had to hastily be hotfixed twice and is broken now again.

So, as you can see to the left, I had high hopes for the game and even shelled out some money. But what was delivered is severly lacking, catering only to a very few people, yet PGI insists everyone thinking otherwise lives on an island.

And you are wondering about the salt? It's because people used to care about the game. Me, I don't anymore, I just hope the next guy taking up the franchise will do better and actually deliver instead of cashgrabbing time and again.

#80 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:48 PM

Clan Nova Cat introduction into MWO confirmed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users